1. Andreas Hanshuh
2.. Conrad Hanshew (?-1806) m Eva Elizabeth Seitz (1740-?)
3... Andrew Hanshew (c1792-?) m Martha (Patsey) Wilson (c1793-?)
4.... Henry Hanshew (c1828-<1910) m Elizabeth Price (1824-1916)
5..... Andrew Hanshew (1846-1909) m Angelia Johnson (1857-1930)
6...... Harrison Hanshaw (1889-1970) m Oda Segraves (1891-1974)
7....... Arthur Hanshaw (1918-1954)
+Helen Johnson (c1922-)
8........ Wayne L. Hanshaw (1939-) 1,2,3
8........ Phyllis Hanshaw 2
8........ Pete Hanshaw (1941-) 1,2
Arthur Hanshaw [ID 17285]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 19 1918, Elliott County, Kentucky.1,3,4,5 (Jan 19 1917).6
He married Helen Johnson.1,2 Helen was born about 1922, Olive Hill, Carter County, Kentucky.2,3
Arthur and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 12 1940), Carter County, Kentucky:3
Handshaw, Arthur, head-of-household, age 22, born in Kentucky; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Elliott County, Kentucky; rented farm ($3/month rent); occupation: laborer, road construct.; worked 20 weeks in 1939; $100 wages in 1939.
Handshaw, Helen, wife, age 18, born in Kentucky; completed 4th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Carter County, Kentucky.
Arthur served in the U.S. Army from Mar 27 1945 to Dec 4 1945.6 On Mar 27 1945 Arthur Hanshaw, born 1917 [sic] in Kentucky, enlisted in Cleveland, Ohio as a private in the U.S. Army. He declared he had a grammar school education, was married and residing in Trumbull County, Ohio.7
Arthur Hanshaw died Jul 15 1954, buried Oak Knoll Cemetery, Rt. 45, Warren, Ohio.6
Photo: Arthur Hanshaw veteran's gravestone application
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911-1999; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from David Hanshaw.
- 1940 census, District 3, Carter County, Kentucky; roll T627-1292, ED 22-10, page 11B, line #41, household #173.
- 1920 census, Sinking Precinct, Elliott County, Kentucky; roll T625-567, ED 80, page 2A, line #17, dwelling #23, family #23.
- 1930 census, District 4, Sinking Precinct, Elliott County, Kentucky; roll T626-741, ED 7, page 12A, line #3, dwelling #182, family #182.
- U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]