1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796) 7....... Jane Hinshaw (c1760-1833) +Joshua Hadley, Jr. (1743-1815)
|Jane Hinshaw     [ID 00173]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Jane Hinshaw)3,5,42,97    (Jean Hinshaw)a
Born about 1760.42
On 9-7-1793, Jane was disowned from Cane Creek MM (reason unknown)
She married Joshua Hadley, Jr., 7-16-1803, Rocky River Meeting House, Chatham County, North Carolina.2,42,97,217    Joshua, son of Joshua Hadley & Patience Brown, was born 5-23-1743, Chester County, Pennsylvania.97
The Cane Creek MM record shows that on 7-16-1803 "Jane Hinshaw, Chatham Co., daughter of Jacob & Rebecca, Randolph Co., married Joshua Hadley, Sr.".    It also shows an entry for 8-6-1803 where "Jane Hinshaw condemned her marriage out of unity".2
Note that Joshua was not actually "Joshua Hadley, Sr." but was really "Joshua Hadley, Jr.", but he also had a son Joshua (III) so the Cane Creek Quakers apparently referred to them as Sr. and Jr. respectively.b
Jane was Joshua's third wife (he previously married Ruth Lindley, then Lydia [Beals] Hiatt).97,c
Note that Joshua's sons Joshua and Joseph (by his previous marriage to Ruth Lindley) later married Ruth's second cousins, twins Rebecca and Mary Hinshaw.
Joshua died Aug 8 1815, Near Snow Camp, Orange County, North Carolina; buried Spring MM Cemetery, Orange County, North Carolina.97,d,f
Jane Hinshaw died 7-27-1833, Chatham County, North Carolina.42
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Jane Hinshaw & Joshua Hadley Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
5. The "Daily Pantagraph", Sept 1 1908.
42. A manuscript titled "The Hinshaw Family" by Thomas D. Hamm - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
97. "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson, microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) Last will and testament of Jacob Hinshaw.
(c) GEDCOM file h7344a.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(d) GEDCOM file f1701.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(e) GEDCOM file g523.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(f) GEDCOM file h8790.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]