1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?) m Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... Harry Henshaw m Julia Ann Risley (1821-1900)
5..... James J. Henshaw (1842-1919) m Emma Isabella Steele (1844-1921)
6...... Agnes Isabella Henshaw (1866-1904)
+Louis Hofer (1855-1924)
Agnes Isabella Henshaw [ID 17507]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep - 1866, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.1,2,3,4
She married Louis Hofer5 [Lewis Hofer6], Aug 6 18845, Hamilton County, Ohio5. Louis was born Jul 17 1855, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.1,4,7
James Harry Hofer, born Apr 13 1886 in Ohio.
Viola Emma "Vi"/"Violet" Hofer, born Nov 8 1887, Ohio; died Nov 22 1918, Montgomery County, Ohio; married Bernis Ivan "Bernie" Roop, c1909 (children: Bernice I., Willard A. Roop); Violet was a bareback rider with the Ringling Circus about 1904-1913 and also performed with a highwire act.
Louis Hofer was shown in the 1890-91 city directory of Cincinnati, Ohio:10
Louis Hofer, Printer; location 1: southwest Corner George and Plum; location 2: southwest Corner Rawiston and Spring Grove Avenue.
Agnes and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 5 1900), 3613 Spring Grove Ave., Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio:4
Hofer, Louis, head-of-household, age 44, born July 1855 in Ohio; parents born in Germany; married 15 years; occupation: painter; owned home (mortgaged).
Hofer, Agnes, wife, age 33, born Sept 1866 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; married 15 years; 2 children, 2 living; occupation: nurse.
Hofer, James, son, age 14, born Apr 1886 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school 9 months.
Hofer, Viola, daughter, age 12, born Nov 1887 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school 9 months.
Agnes Isabella Henshaw died Oct 23 1904, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.1
Louis died Oct 14 1924, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.9,11
Photo: Viola Emma "Violet" Hofer
Photo: Viola Emma "Violet" Hofer death certificate
- Contribution from Anne Davison ().
- 1870 census, 9th Ward, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll M593-1212, page 420, line #28, dwelling #157, family #775.
- 1880 census, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T9-1024, ED 116, page 211D, line #16, dwelling #106, family #194.
- 1900 census, 24th Ward, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T623-1279, ED 199, page 9A, line #43, dwelling #149, family #210.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- Posting Sep 30 2003 by Anne Davison () to CIRCUS-FOLK-L.
- 1880 LDS census index, 2nd Ward, Precinct B, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T9-1024, page 200D.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by David Coulon Burns ().
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Cincinnati, Ohio Directory, 1890-91; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ohio Historical Society; Ohio Death Certificate Index:
- "Public Member Photos" by "balletdancer47"; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]