1. Frederick William Hanshew (c1760-1832) m Mary Catherine Whitehair (1766-1794)
2.. Henry Hanshew (c1785-1862)
+Catherine S. Stover (1801-1892)
3... Emily E. Hanshew (1826-1916) 1,2,3,4
3... Mary Margaret Hanshew (1827-1896) 3
3... Fritchie Hanshew (1829-1906) 1,3
3... George Hanshew (c1831-?) 1,3
3... Charles A. Hanshew (c1835-?) 1,2,3
3... Daniel S. Hanshew (c1837-?) 1,2,3
3... Julia A. Hanshew (1839-1923) 1,2,3,5
3... Harriet C. Hanshew (c1843-1883) 1,2,3,6
Henry Hanshew [ID 17679]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1785, Maryland.1,2,7,8
He married Catherine S. Stover, Mar 3 1825, Frederick County, Maryland.9,10 Catherine, daughter of John Stover & Margaret Hauer, was born Dec 10 1801, Frederick, Maryland.2,3,5,7 (c1804).1 (c1813).6
Henry and family were shown in the 1850 census (Jul 22 1850), Fredericktown, Frederick County, Maryland:1
Henry Hanshew, age 65, born in Maryland; skin[..unclear..]; $1500 real estate.
Catherine Hanshew, age 46, born in Maryland.
Margaret Stover, age 70, born in Maryland.
Also living in Fredericktown in 1850 was the family of John Hanshew #17678.11
Henry and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 7 1860), Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland:2
Henry Henshaw, age 75, born in Maryland; glove maker; $1500 real estate; $250 personal property.
Catherine Henshaw, age 58, born in Maryland.
Harrett Taker, age 12, born in Maryland.
Henry Hanshew died Mar 8 1862, Frederick County, Maryland; buried Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland.3,5,7,8
Widow Catherine and daughter Harriet were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 5 1880), Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland:6
Hanshew, Cathrine, age 67, born in Maryland; parents born in Pennsylvania; widow; keeping house.
, daughter, age 35, born in Maryland; parents born in Maryland; single.
Catherine died May 4 1892, Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland; buried Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland.3,5,7
Note: there is quite a bit of overlap between this Henry Hanshew and Henry Hanshew #2464.
- 1850 census, Fredericktown, Frederick County, Maryland; roll M432-292, page 11, line #12, dwelling #158, family #184.
- 1860 census, Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland; roll M653-475, page 577, line #1, dwelling #211, family #221.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Casteel-Six Family ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Nancy Jacobsen ().
- 1880 census, Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland; roll T9-509, ED 67, page 38D, line #14, dwelling #147, family #199.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by ().
- "History of Frederick County, Maryland"; Folger McKinsey, 1910; USGenWeb Archives:
- Maryland Marriages, 1655-1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Maryland Marriages, 1667-1899; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1850 census, Fredericktown, Frederick County, Maryland; roll M432-292, page 46, line #29, dwelling #675, family #733.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]