1. Joseph J. Hinchey (c1826-1859) m Rebecca J. Morgan (1833-?)
2.. George Augustus Hinchey (1849-1923) m Lillie Frances King (1867-1913)
3... Jeb Stuart Hinchey (1899-1989)
+Annie Rebecca Massey (1900-1969)
4.... Hazel Shirley Hinchey (1930-) 1
4.... Thelma Francis Hinchey (1933-) 1
Jeb Stuart Hinchey [ID 17862]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Jeb Stuart Hinchey2,3,4,5 [Zeb Stewart Hinchey1, Sebastian S. Hinchey6].
Born Oct 28 1899, Virginia.2,4,6,7 (Oct 26 1899, Greensville County, Virginia).3,5
He married Annie Rebecca Massey.1,2,7 Annie, daughter of George Thomas Massey & Lucy Camp, was born Mar 10 1900, North Carolina.7,8 Annie was a granddaughter of Rebecca J. Morgan from her second marriage; her first marriage had been to Joseph J. Hinchey.
On Sep 12 1918 Jeb Stuart Hinchey, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in Halifax County, North Carolina. He declared he was born October 28 1899 and was then residing in Halifax County where he was a carpenter. He declared his nearest relative was his wife, Mrs. Anna R. Hinchey. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, brown hair.2
Jeb and Annie and siblings were shown in the 1920 census (Apr 29 1920), Roanoke Rapids, Halifax County, North Carolina:7
Hinchey, J.S., head-of-household, age 20, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; rented home; occupation: mill work.
Hinchey, Annie R., wife, age 19, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
, sister, age 12, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; attended school.
, brother, age 28, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; [.. occupation unclear ..].
[... plus three roomers ...]
Annie died Jun 7 1969, Roanoke Rapids Hospital, Roanoke Rapids, Halifax County, North Carolina; age 69.8,9 Annie was killed in an automobile collision with a truck.8
In 1989 Jeb was living in/near Hopewell, Virginia.5
Jeb Stuart Hinchey died Jun 12 1989.5
Social Security information for Jeb Stuart Hinchey: 238-07-6697
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1900 census, Hicksford District, Greensville County, Virginia; roll T623-1711, ED 30, page 10B-11A, line #100, dwelling #180, family #188.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Hicksford District, Greensville County, Virginia; roll T624-1630, ED 34, page 19A, line #8, dwelling #60, family #60.
- 1920 census, Roanoke Rapids, Halifax County, North Carolina; roll T625-1303, ED 45, page 21B, line #78, dwelling #713, family #759.
- North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]