1. Albert G. Hinchey (c1798-?) m Sally Armstrong (c1805-1879)
2.. Pleasant J. Henshaw (1837-1921) m Mary C. Sharp (c1833-?)
3... John F. Henshaw (1864-?) m Elizabeth Mitchell Kersey (1864-<1930)
4.... John Lewis Henshaw (1889-1969)
+Ida - (c1886-?)
5..... Peter N. Henshaw (1910-) 1
John Lewis Henshaw [ID 18218]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 17 1889, Buckner, Louisa County, Virginia.1,2,3,4,5
He married Ida -, 1909.1 Ida was born about 1886, Virginia.1
John and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 19 1910), Louisa County, Virginia:1
Henshaw, John L., head-of-household, age 20, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first marriage, married 10 months; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm (free).
Henshaw, Ida [unclear], wife, age 24, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first marriage, married 10 months; 1 child, 1 living.
Henshaw, Peter N.Living in the same dwelling with John and family were John's parents and sisters;6 living next door was the family of brother Robert.7
[unclear], son, age 0 months, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
On Jun 5  John Lewis Henshaw, age 27, registered for the World War I draft in Louisa County, Virginia. He declared he was born August 17 1889 in Louisa County, Virginia, and was then residing in Bumpass, Louisa County, Virginia where he was a self-employed farmer with a wife and three children. He claimed an exemption due to "I have kidney trouble". He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, dark hair.3
On Apr 27 1942 John Lewis Henshaw, age 52, registered for the World War II draft in Louisa County, Virginia. He declared he was born Aug 17 1889 in Buckner, Virginia, and was then still residing in Buckner, Louisa County, Virginia where he was employed by a W.L. Smith of Buckner. He declared his relative/contact was Mrs. Lewis Henshaw of Buckner. He was recorded as 5'10" tall, 155 lbs., blue eyes, gray hair, ruddy complexion.4
In 1969 John was living in/near Bumpass, Louisa County, Virginia.5
John Lewis Henshaw died Oct - 1969.5
Social Security information for John Lewis Henshaw: 224-03-6065
- 1910 census, Jackson Magisterial District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T624-1634, ED 79, page 4A, line #7, dwelling #57, family #61.
- 1900 census, Jackson Township, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T623-1716, ED 65, page 4A-B, line #47, dwelling #44, family #45.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Jackson Magisterial District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T624-1634, ED 79, page 4A, line #2, dwelling #57, family #60.
- 1910 census, Jackson Magisterial District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T624-1634, ED 79, page 4A, line #10, dwelling #58, family #62.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]