1. John Hanshaw (c1789-?) m Rebecka Gandee
2.. William Hanshaw (c1822-1909) m Mary A. McCoy (1825->1900)
3... John Heber Hanshaw (1846-1927) m Elizabeth Ann Hicks (1851-1937)
4.... Hugh Hanshaw (1880-1941)
5..... Wilson Phillips Hanshaw (1931-1979) 1
Hugh Hanshaw [ID 18255]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jun 4 1880, Putnam County, West Virginia.2,3 (Jun 24 1880).4 (c1886).5 (c1882).6
On Sep 12 1918 Hugh Hanshaw, age 38, registered for the World War I draft in Huntington, West Virginia. He declared he was born June 4 1880, and was then residing at 1903 6th Ave. [,Huntington, West Virginia]. He declared his nearest relative was Elizabeth Hanshaw of the same address. He was recorded as short, stout, blue eyes, light hair.3
He married Esther Miller.1
Hugh Hanshaw died Dec 14 1941, at his home, 1903 6th Ave., Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; age 61y 5m 20d.4 Medical: Hugh died from a brain tumor.4
Photo: Hugh Hanshaw death certificate
- Curry & Casdorph Funeral Home Records, 1976-1994; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1900 census, Scott District, Putnam County, West Virginia; roll T623-1770, ED 79, page 5B, line #51, dwelling #93, family #97.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Hugh Hanshaw death certificate; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- 1910 census, 4th Ward, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; roll T624-1678, ED 34, page 6B, line #53, dwelling #108, family #116.
- 1930 census, 5th Ward, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; roll T626-2529, ED 17, page 10B, line #58, dwelling #191, family #228.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]