1. Newton Hinshaw (c1833-1867) m Hannah Jane Fears (c1832-?)
2.. Thomas William Henshaw (1858-1926) m Hanah Olivar (1853-1927)
3... Jackson Virgil Henshaw (1892-1921) m Juanita Gibson (1901-1991)
4.... Sherman Ellwood Henshaw (1920-1969)
+Clarice Arlene Fountain (c1921-)
5..... Patricia R. Henshaw (1942-) 1
5..... Sherman Ellwood Henshaw, Jr. (1946-) 1
5..... Daniel Vernon Henshaw (1950-) 1
5..... Catherine Henshaw (1951-) 1
5..... Timothy G. Henshaw (1953-2007) 1
5..... Diane Henshaw (1958-) 1
Sherman Ellwood Henshaw [ID 18667]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Nov 29 1920, Michigan.2,3,4,5,6,7 (c1922).8
On Sep 30 1939 Sherman E. Henshaw enlisted in the U.S. Army. He declared he was born in Michigan, was then a resident of Macomb County, Michigan, had two years of college, and was divorced, without dependents.7
Sherman was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), Fort Wayne U.S. Army Post, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan:8
Henshaw, Sherman E., soldier, age 18, born in Michigan; completed 3 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Van Dyke, Macomb County, Michigan; occupation: Private First Class, U.S. Army; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $360 wages in 1939.
He married Clarice Arlene Fountain.1,6 Clarice, daughter of Wilfred + Avvie Fountain, was born about 1921, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.9,10
Sherman and Clarice were shown in the 1942 city directory of Battle Creek, Michigan:11
Henshaw Sherman (Clarice) sergt USA r398 W VanBuren
Sherman and Clarice were shown in the 1950 city directory of Royal Oak / Ferndale, Michigan:11
Henshaw Sherman E (Clarice A) guard Chrysler (Det) h3258 Ellwood av (B)
Sherman and family were shown in the 1960 city directory of Royal Oak, Michigan:11
Henshaw Sherman E (Clarice A) guard Plymouth (Det) h3258 Ellwood av (B)
Sherman Ellwood Henshaw died Sep 28 1969, Oakland County, Michigan.2,3,12
Social Security information for Sherman Ellwood Henshaw: 362-16-6823
- Obituary of Timothy G. Henshaw.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Ancestry Family Tree data posted by "sherrykuck".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Henshaw Walling Family" posted by "emtigrl".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "2010 Oliver/Neville/Peck Family Tree" posted by "jandwoliver".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Henshaw/Kuck Family Tree" posted by "Sara Henshaw".
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Fort Wayne U.S. Army Post, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan; roll T627-1874, ED 84-1128, page 4A, line #22.
- 1930 census, 13th Ward, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan; roll T626-1047, ED 398, page 9A, line #32, dwelling #83, family #29.
- 1940 census, Van Dyke, Macomb County, Michigan; roll T627-1784, ED 50-63, page 2B, line #78, household #35.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 (Beta); http://www.ancestry.com.
- Macomb County, Michigan, Death Records System:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]