1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828)
8........ Ezra Hinshaw (1797-1874) m Jane Woodward (1798-1882)
9......... William Hinshaw (1826-1885) m Louisa Stather (1828-1863)
10.......... Alpheus Milikan Hinshaw (1855-1930) m Frances Ann Whistler (1857-1921)
11........... Lake H. Hinshaw (1883-1950)
+Clifford B. Rash (1882-1965)
Lake H. Hinshaw [ID 01910]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 24 18831,2,3,4,5,6 [Sep - 18847], near Garden City, Hardin County, Iowa1,2,3,4,5,6.
She married Clifford B. Rash, Feb 16 1905, Eldora, Hardin County, Iowa.1,2,6,8,9 Clifford, son of Melvin Levi Rash & Esther Lewis, was born Jun 4 1882, Iowa.2,4,5,10,11
Lake was married on the same day that her brother Wain married Maude Rash (Clifford's first cousin once removed), both married in Eldora, Iowa, although not in a double ceremony.9
Clifford, through his maternal great grandmother Hester Campbell, descended from the noble Campbells of Scotland, and the noble and royal houses of England and France.10
Wilfred H. Rash, born Aug 31 1906; married Veneta Whitmore.
Frances Alta/Aleta Rash, born Jul 26 1908; died Jun 30 1982; married William Lennier.
Lester Ronald Rash, born Sep 15 1916; died Nov 5 1987, buried Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, California; married Helen T. Quattrini, Dec 28 1944.
Lake and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 15 1920), Scott Township, Floyd County, Iowa:4
Rash, Clifford, head-of-household, age 37, born in Iowa; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: farmer.
Rash, Lake, wife, age 36, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
Rash, Wilfred, son, age 13, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Rash, Frances, daughter, age 11, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Rash, Lester, son, age 3, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
Lake and family were again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa:5
Rash, Clifford, head-of-household, age 48, born in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Iowa; first married at age 22; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: farmer, grain farm; not a veteran.
Rash, Lake, wife, age 46, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 21.
Rash, Wilferd H., son, age 23, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 23; occupation: agent, depot; not a veteran.
Rash, Hazel I., daughter-in-law, age 16, born in Iowa; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 16.
Rash, Francis A., daughter, age 21, born in Iowa [unclear]; parents born in Iowa; occupation: servant, private home.
Rash, Lester R., son, age 13, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Living next door in 1930 was the family of brother Leonard;14 one more house away was the family of widowed sister Elsie.15
Lake H. Hinshaw died Jul - 1950, Eldora Memorial Hospital, Eldora, Hardin County, Iowa; age 66.2,6,10
Lake's obituary was published in "The Eldora Herald-Ledger" (Eldora, Iowa) on Tuesday, July 11 19506 (see scan below).
Clifford died Sep - 19652,10 [Aug - 196511]; buried Union Township, Hardin County, Iowa2,10.
Photo: Lake Hinshaw & Clifford Rash and family
Photo: Lake Hinshaw & Clifford Rash 45th Wedding Anniversary "Eldora Herald Ledger" (Eldora, Iowa), Tuesday, Feb 21 1950
Photo: Lake Hinshaw obituary "Eldora Herald-Ledger" (Eldora, Iowa), Jul 11 1950
Social Security information for Clifford B. Rash: 485-05-2408
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
- GEDCOM file H10418 at http://www.ancestry.com.
- Iowa State Census, 1895; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Scott Township, Floyd County, Iowa; roll T625-490, ED 123, page 5A, line #2, dwelling #79, family #79.
- 1930 census, Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T626-668, ED 1, page 5A, line #30, dwelling #116, family #116.
- Eldora Herald-Ledger (Eldora, Iowa), Jul 11 1950; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Bangar Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T623-447, ED 105, page 1B, line #60, dwelling #12, family #13.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Eldora Herald-Ledger (Eldora, Iowa), Feb 21 1950; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Robert Lawrence Mardock data ("Ancestors of Lela Rash"):
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Hubbard Cemetery, Tipton Township, Hardin County, Iowa; USGenWeb Archives
- Contribution from Gregory W. Rash ().
- 1930 census, Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T626-668, ED 1, page 5A, line #26, dwelling #115, family #115.
- 1930 census, Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T626-668, ED 1, page 5A, line #20, dwelling #114, family #114.
- Photos courtesy of Gregory W. Rash ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]