1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Jacob Hinshaw (c1751-1837) m Sarah Martin (1766-1845)
8........ Reuben Hinshaw (1789-1871) m Mary A. Huddle (1812-1891)
9......... Margaret Hinshaw (1837-?)
+Abraham Cox (c1835-?)
Margaret Hinshaw [ID 01921]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Margaret Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Margaret Henshaw5].
Born Oct 13 1837, Gillespieville, Ross County, Ohio.1,2,3,4,5,6
In letter envelopes dated 1868 and 1871, Miss Maggie Hinshaw is shown living in or near Gillispieville, Ross County, Ohio7 (apparently at her parents' home).
She married Abraham Cox, Nov 24 1872, Ross County, Ohio.1,5 Abraham was born about 1835, Ohio.6
Ana Iola Cox, born c1875, Ohio.
Joseph G. Cox, born c1877, Ohio.
Mary R. Cox, born c1879, Ohio; married - Bolte.
Margaret and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 23 1880), Eagle Township, Vinton County, Ohio:6
Cox, Abraham, age 45, born in Ohio; father born in Virginia; mother born in Ohio; farmer.
Cox, Margret, wife, age 42, born in Ohio; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; keeping house.
Cox, Ana Iola, daughter, age 5, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio.
Cox, Joseph G., son, age 3, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio.
Cox, Mary R., daughter, age 1, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of sister Mary Ann, with their widowed mother.9
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- 1850 census, District 131, Ross County, Ohio; page 283, dwelling #982, family #989.
- 1860 census, Gillespieville P.O., Liberty Township, Ross County, Ohio; roll M653-1030, page 210, line #15, dwelling #12, family #12.
- 1870 census, Richmondale P.O., Liberty Township, Ross County, Ohio; roll M593-1263, page 746, line #15, dwelling #12, family #12.
- "Ross County, Ohio, Family Bible Records", microfiche #6050966
in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1880 census, Eagle Township, Vinton County, Ohio; roll T9-1074, ED 184, page 45B, line #41, dwelling #166, family #166.
- Family letters and notes from Carlyle Hinshaw
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- 1880 census, Eagle Township, Vinton County, Ohio; roll T9-1074, ED 184, page 45B, line #38, dwelling #165, family #165.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]