1. John Thomas Henshaw (1861-1935) m Mary Elizabeth Souther (1866-1940)
2.. Harry Henshaw (1896-1975)
+Corletta Sprenkle (c1903-)
3... Rose Marie Henshaw (c1923-<2011) 1,2
3... Harold Henshaw (?-<2011) 2
3... Donald Henshaw 2
3... Robert E. Henshaw 2
3... John F. Henshaw (c1926-<2011) 1,2
3... James Edward "Ed" Henshaw (1929-2011) 1,2
3... Connie Henshaw (1939-1987) 2
Harry Henshaw [ID 19442]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Harry Henshaw1,3,4,5,6,7,8 [Henry Henshaw9].
Born Apr 14 1896, Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire.1,5,6,7 (Apr 13 1897).4,8,9
On Jun 5 1917 Harry Henshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft in Silver Bow County, Montana. He declared he was born April 14th, 1896 in [..unclear..], Lankishr [sic], England, and was then residing in Butte, Montana, a miner employed by the Butte & Superior Mining Co. of Black Rock. He declared he was single, with no dependents. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, light blue eyes, light brown hair.5
He married Corletta Sprenkle2 [Carletta Sprenkle1,10,11], about 19222. Corletta, daughter of Benjamin F. + Clara B. Sprenkle, was born about 1903, Pennsylvania.1,10,11
Harry and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), Dublin Gulch, Silver Bow County, Montana:1
Henshaw, Harry, head-of-household, age 33, born in England; parents born in England; first married at age 25; rented home ($8.50 rent); radio in home; immigrated 1917, naturalized; occupation: miner, copper mine; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Carletta, wife, age 27, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 19.
Henshaw, Rose Marie
, daughter, age 7, born in Pennsylvania; father born in England; mother born in Pennsylvania; attended school.
Henshaw, F. John
, son, age 3 years 9 months, born in Montana; father born in England; mother born in Pennsylvania.
Henshaw, E. James
, son, age 11 months, born in Montana; father born in England; mother born in Pennsylvania.
Holsfoom, James, roomer, age 59, born in Sweden; parents born in Sweden; widower, first married at age 28; immigrated 1887, naturalized; occupation: electrician, copper mine; not a war veteran.
Harry and Carletta were shown in the 1933 city directory of York, Pennsylvania:12
Henshaw Harry (Carletta)> lab h253 W High
Harry and Carletta were shown in the 1935 city directory of York, Pennsylvania:12
Henshaw Harry (Carletta)> lab h253 W High
Harry Henshaw died Mar - 1975.8
Social Security information for Harry Henshaw: 160-07-2652
- 1930 census, Precinct 5, Dublin Gulch, Silver Bow County, Montana; roll T626-1261, ED 5, page 10A, line #28, dwelling #203, family #214.
- Obituary of James Edward Henshaw.
- Contribution from Carol Ann "Annie" Valente.
- 1911 LDS census index: http://familysearch.org.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Philadelphia Passenger Lists, 1800-1945; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, York, York County, Pennsylvania; roll T625-1669, ED 132, page 20B, line #91, dwelling #474, family #480.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1901 LDS census index: http://familysearch.org.
- 1910 census, Chanceford, York County, Pennsylvania; roll T624-1433, ED 37, page 12B, line #86, dwelling #263, family #266.
- 1920 census, Red Lion, York County, Pennsylvania; roll T625-1668, ED 93, page 7B, line #79, dwelling #176, family #187.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 (Beta); http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]