1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Ezra Hinshaw (1753-1836) m Ruth Marshill (1759-1857)
8........ William Hinshaw (1779-1869) m Lorohame Beeson (1786-1839)
9......... Mines Hinshaw (1824-1906) m Mary Brower (1826-1886)
10.......... Allen Hinshaw (1855-1897) m Mary L. Pugh (c1857-?)
11........... Albion Rudolph Hinshaw (1879-?)
+Sarah Jane Hodgin (1889-1972)
12............ Arnold Rudolph Hinshaw (1911-2006) 1,2,3,4
Albion Rudolph Hinshaw [ID 01995]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Albion Rudolph Hinshaw5,6,7,8,9 [Alvin Rudolph Hinshaw4,10].
Born Feb 3 1879, North Carolina.1,2,5,7,8,9
Albion and brother Oliver Bascom were shown in the 1910 census (May 2 1910), West Franklinville Precinct, Randolph County, North Carolina:11
Hinshaw, Albern A., head-of-household, [..age completely faded..], born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Oliver B.
, partner, [..age completely faded..], born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: farm laborer, general farm.
He married Sarah Jane Hodgin, Dec 22 1910, Guilford County, North Carolina.2,4,9,10 Sarah, daughter of John Franklin Hodgin & Rilla Emeline Hodgin, was born May 8 1889, North Carolina.1,2,10,12,13,14,15
On Sep 12 1918 Albion Rodolph [sic] Hinshaw, age 39, registered for the World War I draft in Henrico County, Virginia. He declared he was born Feby 3 1879, and was then residing in Richmond, Virginia where he was a bricklayer employed by the DuPont Co. He declared his nearest relative was Sarah Jane Hinshaw of Richmond. He was recorded as medium height, stout, blue eyes, brown hair.9
Albion and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 22 1920), Fairfield District, Henrico County, Virginia:1
Henshaw, Albion, head-of-household, age 40, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; rented home; occupation: brick mason.
Henshaw, Sarah J., wife, age 30, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Henshaw, Arnold R.
, son, age 8, born in Virginia; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
Albion and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), 836 Worth Ave., Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Albion R., head-of-household, age 51, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 32; owned home ($3500 value); no radio in home; occupation: foreman, brick work; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Sarah J., wife, age 41, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 22.
Hinshaw, Arnold R.
, son, age 18, born in Virginia; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
Hodgin, Georgia P., sister-in-law, age 32, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: sewing, overall factory.
Sarah died Nov 7 1972, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina; age 83.10,15,16
Social Security information for Sarah Jane Hodgin: 239-06-3551
- 1920 census, Fairfield District, Henrico County, Virginia; roll T625-1891, ED 42, page 20A, line #7, dwelling #401, family #446.
- 1930 census, Greensboro, Morehead Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T626-1695, ED 40, page 1B, line #69, dwelling #15, family #15.
- Contribution from Skip Hinshaw.
- Obituary of Arnold Rudolph Hinshaw.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek
Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
- 1880 census, Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 216, page 95B, line #8, dwelling #12, family #12.
- 1900 census, Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T623-1213, ED 87, page 2A, line #47, dwelling #30, family #31.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Guilford County, North Carolina, Register of Deeds:
- 1910 census, West Franklinville Precinct, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 86, page 146B, line #89, dwelling #193, family #194.
- 1900 census, Gilmer Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T623-1198, ED 50, page 6B, line #72, dwelling #107, family #112.
- 1910 census, 876 South Cedar St., 5th Ward, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T624-1114, ED 112, page 16A, line #22, dwelling #240, family #273.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Arnold E. Krause ().
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]