1. Samuel Henshaw (1833-1907) m Martha - (c1830-1873)
2.. Edward Henshaw (1859-1938) m Helen Josephine Salfelder (1868-1957)
3... Louis F. Henshaw (1888-?)
+Jane Lord (c1901-)
4.... Edward Louis Henshaw (1932-1998) 1,2
Louis F. Henshaw [ID 20128]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Nov 3 1888, Brooklyn, King County, New York.1,3,4,5,6,7
On Jun 5 1917 Louis F. Henshaw, age 28, registered for the World War I draft in New York, New York. He declared he was born Nov. 3 1888 in Brooklyn, New York, and was then residing at 149 Claremont Ave., New York, New York; single and unemployed. He was recorded as tall, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair.5
Louis was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 18 1920), living in (or staying in) a lodging house at 243 West Adams Street, Los Angeles, California:6
Henshaw, Louis F, lodger, age 31, born in New York; father born in England; mother born in New York; single; occupation: reporter, credit house.
He married Jane Lord, about 1923.1,7 Jane was born about 1901, Michigan.1,7
Louis and Jane were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4-5 1930), 5606 Cimarron St., Los Angeles, California:7
Henshaw, Louis F., head-of-household, age 41, born in New York; father born in England; mother born in New York; first married at age 34; rented home ($30 rent); radio in home; occupation: reporter, mercantile agcy; not a war veteran.
Henshaw, Jane, wife, age 29, born in Michigan; parents born in Michigan; first married at age 22.
Louis and family were shown in the 1939 city directory of Van Nuys, California:8
Henshaw Louis (Jane) reporter h 11838 Hartsook
Louis and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 23 1940), 11838 Hartsook Street, Los Angeles, California:1
Henshaw, Louis F., head-of-household, age 51, born in New York; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; owned home ($4500 value); occupation: reporter, Dunn & Bradstreet; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1500 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Jane L, wife, age 39, born in Michigan; completed 3 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
Henshaw, Edward L
, son, age 8, born in California; completed 1st grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
Henshaw, Helen J
, mother, age 71, born in New York; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in New York, New York County, New York; widow.
- 1940 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T627-375, ED 60-42, page 12B, line #71, household #394.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Manhattan, New York, New York; roll T623-1119, ED 843, page 29A, line #45, dwelling #80, family #358.
- 1910 census, 12th Ward, Manhattan, New York, New York; roll T624-1028, ED 731, page 3B, line #72, dwelling #7, family #67.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-115, ED 439, page 8B, line #99, dwelling #151, family #230.
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-149, ED 447, page 6B, line #84, dwelling #110, family #128.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]