Elizabeth Springer Henshaw
1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Uriah Springer Henshaw (1786-1859) m Elizabeth McDonald (1786-1867)
4.... Elizabeth Springer Henshaw (1816-1898)
+Seth E. Hinkle (c1811-<1847)
+Charles W. Caldwell (c1820-?)
+Joseph D. Ford (c1792-?)
+William Clappin (c1794-1886)
Elizabeth Springer Henshaw [ID 02039]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Feb 28 18161,2,3,4,5,6 [about 18177], Martinsburg, Berkeley County, Virginia1,2,3,4,5,6.
She married Seth E. Hinkle2,8 [Seth E. Henkle1,9], Nov 16 18352,8 [Nov 18 18351,9], Clark County, Ohio2,8. Seth, son of Jacob Henkle Jr. & Elizabeth Forsee, was born about 1811, Rockingham County, Virginia.1,3
Francis Henkle, born c1840, Ohio.
Elizabeth and Seth were shown in the 1840 census, Roundhead Township, Hardin County, Ohio:3
Seth Hinkle household:
1 male age 20-30 [Seth].
1 female age 20-30 [Elizabeth].
Living next door in 1840 were Elizabeth's parents and family.3
Seth died before 1847, Ohio.1
She then married Charles W. Caldwell, Jul 1 1847.1,2 Charles was born about 1820, Ohio.7
Elizabeth and Charles had three daughters.1
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1850 census (Aug 18 1850), Urbana Township, Champaign County, Ohio:7
Charles W. Coldwell, age 30, born in Ohio; farmer.
Elizabeth Coldwell, age 33, born in Virginia.
Irwin Coldwell, female, age 1, born in Ohio.
Francis Henkle, female, age 10, born in Ohio.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of an apparently widowed Jane Coldwell, age 52,10 probably Charles' mother.11
She then married Joseph D. Ford, May 3 1853, Champaign County, Ohio.1 Joseph was born about 1792, New Jersey.4
Martha Josephene Ford, born c1855, Ohio.
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 7 1860), Urbana Township, Champaign County, Ohio:4
Joseph Ford, age 68, born in New Jersey; farmer; $2840 real estate; $500 personal property; cannot read or write.
Elizabeth, age 43, born in Virginia.
Josephene, age 5, born in Ohio; attended school.
Jane, age 11, born in Ohio; attended school.
Irene, age 10, born in Ohio; attended school.
She then married Wesley Wroten, Apr 2 1865.1
Elizabeth, apparently widowed, was shown in the 1870 census (Jul 30 1870), Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County, Ohio:5
Roten, Elizabeth, age 54, born in Virginia; keeping house; $800 real estate; $250 personal property; cannot read or write.
Ford, Martha J., age 15, born in Ohio; $300 personal property; cannot read or write.
She then married William Clappin, Dec 1 1870, Hardin County, Ohio.1 William was born about 1794, England.6,12
William had been previously married (at least once, to a Sarah --), and had several children.12
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 8 1880), Kenton, Hardin County, Ohio:6
Clappin, William, age 85, born in England; parents born in England; retired farmer.
Clappin, Elizabeth, wife, age 64, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; keeping house.
Fox, Fanny, daughter, age 35, born in Ohio; parents born in West Virginia; widow; soap maker [unclear].
Briggs, Laura, daughter, age 14, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Briggs, Callie, daughter, age 12, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Thomas, Joseph, [..relationship blank..], age 37, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; single; works in gas works.
William died Jul - 1886, age 94.13
William's death was noted in the "Newark Daily Advocate" (Newark, Ohio) on Tuesday, July 27, 1886:13
William Clappin, the oldest citizen of Hardin county, Ohio, is dead at the age of ninety-four years.
Elizabeth Springer Henshaw died Sep 24 1898, probably Kenton, Hardin County, Ohio.1
- Contribution from Tommy Karns ().
- Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930;
updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
- 1840 census, Roundhead Township, Hardin County, Ohio; roll 401, page 88.
- 1860 census, Urbana P.O., Urbana Township, Champaign County, Ohio; roll M653-942, page 156, line #7, dwelling #849, family #849.
- 1870 census, Yelverton P.O., Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County, Ohio; roll M593-1219, page 534-535, line #40, dwelling #91, family #90.
- 1880 census, 1st Ward, Kenton, Hardin County, Ohio; roll T9-1031, ED 106, page 223D, line #31, dwelling #224, family #253.
- 1850 census, Urbana Township, Champaign County, Ohio; roll M432-665, page 425, line #26, dwelling #156, family #158.
- Marriage Index: Selected Counties of Ohio, 1789-1850; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- 1850 census, Urbana Township, Champaign County, Ohio; roll M432-665, page 425, line #19, dwelling #155, family #157.
- 1850 census, Liberty Township, Hardin County, Ohio; roll M432-692, page 184, line #15, dwelling #1027, family #1027.
- The "Newark Daily Advocate", Jul 27 1886; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]