1. Frederick Handschuh m Maria Catharina -
2.. Henry Hanshew (1783-1866) m Barbara Thomas (1792-1855)
3... George J. Hanshew (1832-1898)
+Sarah E. Oldaker (1834-1888)
4.... Alonzo Hanshew (c1858-?) 1,2,3
4.... Mary Ellen Hanshew (1867-1945) 2,3,4
4.... Flora A. Hanshew (1869-?) 2,3
4.... John W. B. Hanshew (c1872-?) 3
George J. Hanshew [ID 02189]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
George J. Hanshew1,5,6 [George J. Handshew7, George G. Hanshew8].
Born Jul 7 18327 [Jul 7 18338, about 18342, about 18403].
He married Sarah E. Oldaker5 [Sarah E. Oldacre7], Feb 18 18575, Tipton County, Indiana5. Sarah was born Feb 4 1834, Indiana.1,2,3,7
George Hanshew and family were shown in the 1860 census, Wild Cat Township, Tipton County, Indiana:1
George J. Hanshew, age 26, born in Indiana; day laborer; $85 real estate; $30 personal property; cannot read or write.
Sarah Hanshew, abe 26, born in Indiana.
Also living nearby in Tipton County in 1860 was brother Amos,9 as well as an unidentified Benjamin Hanshew.10
George served in the Civil War.7
George and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 14 1870), Liberty Township, Grant County, Indiana:2
Henshew, George, age 36, born in Indiana; farmer; $1600 real estate; $340 personal property.
Henshew, Sarah, age 35, born in Indiana; keeps house.
Oldacre, Mary A., age 17, born in Indiana; house keeper; attended school.
George and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 16 1880), Liberty Township, Grant County, Indiana:3
Hanshew, George, age 40, born in Indiana; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Tennessee; farmer.
Hanshew, Sarah E., wife, age 46, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; keeping house.
Hanshew, Mary E.
, daughter, age 12, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Hanshew, Flora A.
, daughter, age 10, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Sarah died Dec 3 1888, buried Back Creek Friends Cemetery, Grant County, Indiana.7,11
George J. Hanshew died Dec 30 18988 [Dec 29 189912]; buried Park Cemetery, Grant County, Indiana8.
- 1860 census, Wild Cat Township, Tipton County, Indiana; page 98, line #5, dwelling #742, family #719.
- 1870 census, Liberty Township, Grant County, Indiana; roll M593-317, page 124, line #1, dwelling #261, family #258.
- 1880 census, Liberty Township, Grant County, Indiana; roll T9-279, ED 172, page 500C, line #1, dwelling #323, family #325.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Read Family Tree" posted by "Karen S Carter".
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- Contribution from Oryl Fischer () citing:
"Biographical and Genealogical History of Cass, Miama, Howard, and Tipton
Counties Indiana", Vol. 1, Page 478; Lewis Publishing Co., 1898, Chicago.
- Contribution from Craig () citing:
"Back Creek Friends Cemetery Burial Records", page 39.
- Gravestone inscriptions, Park Cemetery, Grant County, Indiana; USGenWeb.
- 1860 census, Wild Cat Township, Tipton County, Indiana; page 138-139, line #38, dwelling #1055, family #1022.
- 1860 census, Prairie Township, Tipton County, Indiana; page 174, line #27, dwelling #1312, family #1274.
- Gravestone inscriptions, Back Creek Cemetery, Grant County, Indiana; USGenWeb.
- Contribution from Craig ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:33:37 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]