1. Ferrie Henshaw (c1827-1879)
+L. Lavinia Rice (c1837-?)
Ferrie Henshaw [ID 02381]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ferrie Henshaw1,2 [Ferria Henshaw3].
Born about 18274,5,6 [about 18257], New York, New York4,5,6.
Ferrie was shown in the 1850 census (Sep 17 1850), "Oceanic House" (apparently a hotel), Gravesend Township, Kings County, New York:4
Ferie Henshaw, age 22, born in New York; hotel keeper.
[... many other hotel workers and guests...]
He married L. Lavinia Rice3,8,9 [L. Levinia Rice10, Sally Lavinia Rice1,5,7], Nov 23 18573,8,9, Montgomery County, Alabama3,8,9. L., daughter of Samuel F. Rice & Amanda Pearson11,12, was born about 183711,12 [about 18395,6, about 18357], South Carolina11,12 [Alabama7].
Ferrie and Lavinia were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 30 1860), Talladega County, Alabama:5
Ferie Henshaw, age 32, born in New York City; prop. Talladega Springs; $10,000 real estate; $12,500 personal property.
S. Lavinia Henshaw, age 21, born in South Carolina.
1 mulatto male, age 17.
1 mulatto female, age 17.
1 mulatto male, age 12.
1 mulatto female, age 10.
1 black male, age 7.
1 black male, age 3.
1 black female, age 55.
1 black male, age 60.
1 black female, age 19.
1 black female, age 1.
2 slave houses.
Ferrie and Lavinia were doubly-enumerated in the 1860 census, being again shown (Jul 24 1860) in Lavinia's parents' household in Montgomery County, Alabama:6
Samuel F. Rice, age 42, born in South Carolina; attorney; $15,000 real estate.
Amanda B. Rice, age 39, born in South Carolina.
Ida Rice, age 18, born in Alabama.
Samuel Rice, age 16, born in Alabama; attended school.
Benjamin Rice, age 4, born in Alabama.
Farie Henshaw, age 33, born in New York.
Lavina Henshaw, age 21, born in South Carolina.
Rachael Pearson, age 69, born in South Carolina.
During the Civil War Ferrie served in Company F., 14th Alabama Infantry.14,15
Ferrie and Lavinia were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 26 1870), still living in Lavinia's father's household in Montgomery County, Alabama:7
Rice, Samuel F., age 53, born in South Carolina; lawyer; $5,000 real estate; $500 personal property.
Henshaw, Ferrie, age 45, born in New York; lottery office; $6,000 real estate; $5,000 personal property.
Henshaw, Sally, age 35, born in Alabama; invalid.
Rice, Daisey, age 9, born in Alabama; going to school; attended school.
Ferrie Henshaw died 1879, buried Apr 13 1879, Lot 6 Sqr 30, Oakwood Cemetery, 829 Columbus Street, Montgomery, Montgomery County, Alabama.10
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Alabama.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1970; Ancestry.com.
- Dodd, Jordan R. "Early American Marriages: Alabama, 1800 to 1920". Orem, UT: Ancestry, Inc., 1999.
- 1850 census, Gravesend Township, Kings County, New York; roll M432-521, page 21, line #1, dwelling #95, family #100.
- 1860 census, Fayetteville P.O., Southern Division, Talladega County, Alabama; roll M653-24, page 878, line #4, dwelling #479, family #497.
- 1860 census, Montgomery P.O., Division 1, Montgomery County, Alabama; roll M653-19, page 231, line #20, dwelling #876, family #854.
- 1870 census, Ward 5, Montgomery, Montgomery County, Alabama; roll M593-35, page 521, line #30, dwelling #216, family #264.
- Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Alabama, Marriages, Deaths, Wills, Court, and Other Records, 1784-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Yarbrough/McCain Family Tree" posted by "pammee55".
- 1850 census, Talladega District, Talladega County, Alabama; roll M432-15, page 392, line #3, dwelling #608, family #622.
- 1860 U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules, Southern Division, Talladega County, Alabama.
- Civil War Service Records; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:33:54 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]