1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... Enan Hinshaw (1824-1901) m Rebecca Ingram (1829-1908)
10.......... Charles Newton Hinshaw (1849-1918) m Anna Ella Smith (1852-1947)
11........... George Franklin Hinshaw (1872-1930)
+Wilhelmina Shulz (1880-1968)
George Franklin Hinshaw [ID 00024]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 31 1872, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5 George was born in the original log cabin on the Hinshaw farm.6
He married Wilhelmina Shulz1,5 [Minnie A. Shulz2, Minnie A. Shultz4, Anna Shulz7], Mar 5 19051,5. Wilhelmina, daughter of Carl Shulz & Wilhelmina Schmidt, was born Nov 28 1880, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,4,5,7,8
George and Minnie were shown in the 1910 census living in the household of George's parents in McLean County, Illinois.9
George and Minnie were again shown in the 1920 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:7
Hinshaw, Geo, head-of-household, age 48, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Pennsylvania; farmer.
Hinshaw, Anna, wife, age 39, born in Illinois; parents born in Germany.
George and Minnie were again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 22 1930), Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:10
Hinshaw, George, head-of-household, age 57, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 32; owned home; farmer.
Hinshaw, Minnie, wife, age 49, born in Illinois; parents born in Germany; first married at age 24.
Living next door in 1930 was the household of Minnie's family:11
Schultz, Fred, head-of-household, age 52, born in Illinois; parents born in Germany; rented home; farmer.
Schultz, Minnie, mother, age 86, born in Germany; parents born in Germany; immigrated 1876; widow.
Day, Eugene, nephew, age 14, born in Illinois; father born in United States; mother born in Illinois.
Also living nearby in 1930 was the family of sister Emma.12
George Franklin Hinshaw died Jun 22 1930, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; buried Stout's Grove Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.2,4,5,13 Medical: George died from kidney failure (nephritis).14
Wilhelmina died Mar 22 1968, buried Stout's Grove Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.2,4,5 Minnie's parents and three brothers are also buried in Stout's Grove Cemetery.4
Photo: George Hinshaw & Minnie Shulz
Photo: Gravestone: Stout's Grove Cemetery, near Danvers, Illinois
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- Gravestone inscriptions in the Hinshaw Cemetery, Stout's Grove Cemetery,
Parklawn (Danvers) Cemetery, & Scogin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- "McLean County Cemeteries", Vol. 11-2, Danvers Township, by the
Bloomington-Normal Genealogical Society (McLean County Historical Soc.).
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- Interview with Wayne Hinshaw.
- 1920 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 127, page 11B, line #72, dwelling #83, family #89.
- 1930 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 33, page 8B, line #77, dwelling #168, family #169.
- 1910 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 99, page 12A, line #7, dwelling #287, family #287.
- 1930 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T625-387, ED 33, page 8B, line #77, dwelling #168, family #169.
- 1930 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T625-387, ED 33, page 8B, line #79, dwelling #169, family #170.
- 1930 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-535, ED 33, page 8A, line #42, dwelling #162, family #163.
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
- Contribution from David W. Jones citing: Eva Hinshaw.
- Photo courtesy of David W. Jones.
- Photo from Jan Hinshaw family photos.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]