1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) m Mary Courtney
7....... John Hinshaw (1755-?) m Mary Martin (1763-?)
8........ George Hinshaw (1786-<1850) m Anna Goldin (c1797-c1880)
9......... Amanda Hinshaw (1827->1900)
+Micajah Talley (1822-?)
Amanda Hinshaw [ID 02467]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug - 1827.1
She married Micajah Talley2,3 [Cager Tally4], Nov 12 18472,3, Grainger County, Tennessee2,3. Micajah was born 1822, Virginia.3
Franklin Talley, born 1849; died 1850s.
Eliza C. Talley, born 1851.
Nancy A. Talley, born 1855.
Mary Green (or Sarah) Talley, born 1860; married 1878/9 Samuel L. Key.
William Brownlow Talley, born Jan 6 1863; died Mar 19 1948; married May 19 1894 Mary Elizabeth "Maymie" Nance.
Amanda and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 13 1850), Grainger County, Tennessee:4
Cager Tally, age 23, born in "Unknown"; farmer.
Amanda Tally, age 21, born in Tennessee; cannot read or write.
Franklin Tally, age 1, born in Tennessee.
Amanda and family were again shown in the 1860 census (Jul 21 1860), Grainger County, Tennessee:5
Micaja Tally, age 37, born in Virginia; farm laborer; $300 personal property.
Amanda Tally, age 34.
Eliza C. Tally, age 9; attended school.
Nancy A. Tally, age 5.
Mary Green Tally, age 1 month.
Amanda and family were again shown in the 1870 census (Jul 27 1870), Grainger County, Tennessee:6
Tally, Cajer [unclear], age 48, born in Tennessee; farm laborer; $125 personal property.
Tally, Manda, age 42, born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Tally, Nancy, age 15, born in Tennessee.
Tally, Sarah, age 10, born in Tennessee.
Ch[..unclear..], Caroline, age 19, born in Tennessee; attended school.
Two households away in 1870 was the family of brother Jacob.7
Amanda and family were again shown in the 1880 census (Jun 21-22 1880), Grainger County, Tennessee:8
Tally, Micajab, age 58, born in Virginia; [parents birthplaces blank]; farmer.
Tally, Amanda, wife, age 54, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Tally, William, son, age 17, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee [sic]; farm laborer; attended school.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of brother Jacob.9
When the census was taken on Jun 8 1900, Amanda, age 72, was living with her son William Brownlow Talley in Grainger County, Tennessee.1
Amanda Hinshaw died after Jun 8 1900.1
- Contribution from Trent Hill () citing:
1900 census, District 4, Grainger County, Tennessee (page 48A).
- "Early East Tennessee Marriages", Sistler, 1987.
- "East Tennessee Roots", Volume I, Issue 3, September, 1984;
Tennessee Valley Publications.
- 1850 census, 5th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 40, line #28, dwelling #569, family #587.
- 1860 census, 6th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 449, line #8, dwelling #659, family #659.
- 1870 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 80, line #32, dwelling #106, family #106.
- 1870 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; page 80, line #18, dwelling #104, family #104.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 458D, line #45, dwelling #297, family #309.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Grainger County, Tennessee; roll T9-1257, ED 98, page 458D, line #48, dwelling #298, family #310.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]