1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Abel Hinshaw (1799-1876) m Nancy Bookout (1799-1882)
9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1826-1890) m Mary Robbins (1826-?)
10.......... Ansel Monroe Hinshaw (1850-?) m Mary L. Musser (1855-?)
11........... Estella Bertha Hinshaw (1874-1960)
+Elmer E. Grissom (1864-1937)
Estella Bertha Hinshaw [ID 02599]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Estella Bertha Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Stella B. Henshaw6, Bertha E. Hinshaw7,8,9].
Born Aug 23 18742,3,4,5,6 [about 187610,11], Cherry Grove MM, Randolph County, Indiana2,3,4,5,6.
She married Elmer E. Grissom, Jun 18 1892, Blackford County, Indiana.7,8,9,12 Elmer, son of Alfred Grissom & Sarah Metzcar, was born Jul - 1864, Ohio.6,13,14,15
Grace Grissom, born before Jun 9 1900; died as a baby from menengitis.
Raymond Francis Grissom, born Jul 2 1901, Hartford City, Indiana; died Mar 23 1994; children: Alan Jeremy Grissom, 1931; James Hinshaw Grissom, 1933; Cynthia Grissom, 1935; Catherine Grissom, 1950.
Stella and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 9 1900), Plum [street], Plymouth, Marshall County, Indiana:6
Grisson, Elmer E., head-of-household, age 35, born July 1864 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; married 11 years; occupation: telegraph operator; rented home.
Grisson, Stella B., wife, age 25, born Aug 1874 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 11 years; 1 child, none living.
, mother-in-law, age 43, born Aug 1856 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; widow; 5 children, 4 living.
, brother-in-law, age 12, born Feb 1888 in Indiana; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Indiana; attended school 9 months.
Stella and Elmer were divorced sometime before Apr 22 1910.10 Elmer died 1937.1
Stella and son Raymond were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 22 1910), Baton, Delaware County, Indiana:10
Grissom, Stella, head-of-household, age 33, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; divorced; 2 children, 1 living; occupation: agent, express co.; rented home.
Grissom, Raymond, son, age 8, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Stella and son Raymond were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 29 1920), Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana:11
Grissom, Stella B., head-of-household, age 44, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; widow; rented home; occupation: operator, telegraph.
Grissom, Raymond, son, age 18, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Estella Bertha Hinshaw died 1960.1
Estella was a highly respected and well loved person. She and her brothers worked for the Erie Railroad. She raised her son Raymond by herself and he went on to become a very successful pediatrician, caring for the family of President Roosevelt during World War II.1
- Contribution from Janet Grissom Gates ( or ).
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 173, page 277B, line #8, dwelling #234, family #234.
- 1900 census, Plymouth, Center Township, Marshall County, Indiana; roll T623-391, ED 73, page 9B, line #72, dwelling #214, family #219.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Marriage Records Index 1845-1920; Ancestry.com; pg 201.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Baton, Union Township, Delaware County, Indiana; roll T624-346, ED 54, page 10B, line #67, dwelling #260, family #260.
- 1920 census, 4th Ward, Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana; roll T625-426, ED 32, page 30B, line #68, dwelling #696, family #736.
- Contribution from Bunny Nance.
- 1870 census, Benton, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll M593-311, page 187, line #2, dwelling #18, family #18.
- 1880 census, Versailles, Wayne Township, Darke County, Ohio; roll T9-1011, ED 74, page 398B, line #14, dwelling #347, family #359.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Penny Woodford ().
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:07 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]