1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Mary Hinshaw (?-1822)
7....... George Hinshaw (1775-1862) m Elizabeth Worthington (1777-?)
8........ Malinda Hinshaw (1807-1887)
+William Russell Robinson (1797-1843)
+George Blount (c1798-?)
Malinda Hinshaw [ID 00262]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 30 1807, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married William Russell Robinson, about 1827.1,3,4,5 William was born Feb 12 1797.5
Elizabeth Robinson, married 1) Jeremiah Adams, 2) Edward Sommerfield.
William A./Russell Robinson, born c1837, Illinois.
Polly Ann Robinson, born c1839, Illinois; married Isaac Tucker.
Mary Jane Robinson, born c1841, Illinois; married John Dayhack.
William died Mar 23 1843, McLean County, Illinois; buried McLean County, Illinois.1,3,4,5
She then married George Blount1,3 [Henry Blount4,6,9,10], Oct 2 18451,3. George was born about 1798, Virginia.6
Henry Blount, born c1847/c1849, Illinois; married Minnie Hartman Sparrow.
George Blount, born c1850, Illinois; unmarried.
Malinda and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 16 1850), Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois:6
Henry Blunt, age 52, born in Virginia; farmer; $1000 real estate.
Malinda Blunt, age 43, born in Tennessee.
Henry Blunt, age 3, born in Illinois.
Wm A Robinson, age 13, born in Illinois.
Polly Ann Robinson, age 11, born in Illinois.
Mary J Robinson, age 9, born in Illinois.
Living two houses away in 1850 were Malinda's parents and family.13
Malinda (apparently widowed) and sons were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 15 1870), Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois:7
Blount, Malinda, age 63, born in Tennessee; keeping house; $5000 real estate; $200 personal property.
Blount, Henry, age 21, born in Illinois; farmer.
Blount, George, age 20, born in Illinois; works on farm.
Malinda and son George were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 29 1880), Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois:12
Blunt, Malinda, age 76, born in Tennessee; parents born in North Carolina; widow; keeping house.
Blunt, George, son, age 30, born in Illinois; father born in Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; single; merchant.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of son Henry:11
Blunt, Henry, age 31, born in Illinois; father born in Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; farmer.
Blunt, Minnie, wife, age 31, born in Germany; parents born in Germany; keeping house.
Blunt, Cora, daughter, age 6, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Germany.
Blunt, Erma, daughter, age 3, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Germany.
Blunt, [unnamed], daughter, age 5 months, born Jan  in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Germany.
Malinda Hinshaw died Feb 11 1887, McLean County, Illinois; buried Scogin Hill Cemetery, Oakland Avenue, Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5
Photo: Malinda Hinshaw
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- Genealogy on file with the LDS (Microfilm number 1126498,
Batch 7906602, Sheets 81-84) as submitted by Robert Lee Baker,
1345 Navajo Dr., Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062 ().
- "All About the Bensons, Hinshaws, and Others" by Imogen Benson Emery,
in the LDS Family History Library, microfiche #6017328.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Posting Nov 21 2007 by Carrie Bergquist () to TNOVERTO-L.
- 1850 census, Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M432-117, page 26, line #15, dwelling #609, family #622.
- 1870 census, Bloomington P.O., Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-258, page 44, line #13, dwelling #104, family #104.
- Contribution from Dale Hinshaw McMasters.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
- 1880 census, Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-230, ED 167, page 358A, line #2, dwelling #301, family #310.
- 1880 census, Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-230, ED 167, page 357D-358A, line #50, dwelling #300, family #309.
- 1850 census, Bloomington Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M432-117, page 26, line #9, dwelling #607, family #620.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]