1. George Washington Hinshaw (1852-?) m Nancy Jane Foster (1854-?)
2.. Moses Rufus Hinshaw (1888-1948)
+Minda Jane Sisk (1903-1987)
3... Lois Ebb Hinshaw (1921-1998) 1,2,3
3... Beula May Hinshaw (c1935-) 2,3,4
3... George Howard Hinshaw (1937-2007) 2,3,5
Moses Rufus Hinshaw [ID 02781]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr - 18886 [about 18932,7, about 18978, about 18989, about 18901, 188310], Alabama6 [Tennessee8,9].
He married Minda Jane Sisk, about 1922.2 Minda, daughter of Warren Peter Sisk & Amelia Emeline Steele11,12,13, was born Jun 11 190311,12,13 [about 19051,2,3], Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee11,12,13.
Moses and Minda lived in Winchester, Franklin County and Tullahoma, Coffee County, Tennessee.2
On Sep 12 1918 Moses Rufus Hinshaw, age 35, registered for the World War I draft in Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee. He declared he was born in 1883 (no month or date shown), and was then residing in Franklin County, Tennessee where he was farming, employed by James Hinshaw of Franklin County. He declared his nearest relative was George W. Hinshaw of Franklin County. He was recorded as tall, stout, blue eyes, black hair. Under the disability section was written "The word farming untrue".10
Moses and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), Estel Road, Franklin County, Tennessee:1
Hinshaw, Mose, head-of-household, age 40, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 29; cannot read or write; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Minda, wife, age 25, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 14.
Moses and family were shown in the 1940 census (May 22 1940), Keith Spring Road, Franklin County, Tennessee:3
Hinshaw, Mose, head-of-household, age 53, born in Alabama; completed no schooling; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned farm ($25 value); occupation: road worker, farm to market, WPA roads; worked 30 weeks in 1939; $37 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Hinshaw, Minda, wife, age 36, born in Tennessee; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
, son, age 18, born in Tennessee; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; occupation: farm work, farm; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $10 wages in 1939.
, daughter, age 5, born in Tennessee; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Moses Rufus Hinshaw died Mar 21 1948, Sewanee, Franklin County, Tennessee; buried Keith Springs Cemetery, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee.14,15
Minda remarried to Leon Silvertooth Osburne, Nov 25 1948, Franklin County, Tennessee,13 then again to Robert Lee Knott, Dec 14 1959, Franklin County, Tennessee.13
Minda died Jul 22 1987, Franklin County, Tennessee; buried Keith Springs Cemetery, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee.11,12
There were other Hinshaw/Sisk connections that might be a clue to Moses' lineage:
Social Security information for Minda Jane Sisk: 410-36-1226
- 1930 census, District 16, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T626-2246, ED 19, page 3A, line #32, dwelling #40, family #40.
- Contribution from Kimberly Brown Hinshaw.
- 1940 census, District 16, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T627-3891, ED 26-20, page 2A, line #31, household #22.
- Contribution from Ruby Susanna "Susie" Sisk-Stoddard ().
- Obituary of George Howard Hinshaw.
- 1900 census, Civil District 16, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T623-1570, ED 29, page 11B, line #65, dwelling #199, family #203.
- 1910 census, Civil District 2, Franklin County, Tennessee; ED 21, page 40A (sheet 8A), line #31, dwelling #152, family #152.
- 1920 census, 1st Civil District, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T625-1739, ED 19, page 7B, line #62, dwelling #130, family #132.
- 1920 census, District 16, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T625-1739, ED 30, page 9B, line #71, dwelling #158, family #159.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Franklin County, Tennessee, cemeteries, F443 F7C46 1986 in the
Tennessee State Library and Archives. Contributed by Robert Worley.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:18 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]