1. Francis Hanshaw (c1802-1870) m Mary Ann Obrion Simmons (c1801-?)
2.. Francis Hanshaw (1831-1914) m Polly Ann Bloomer (1845-1914)
3... Mary J. Hanshaw (1868-1927)
+William S. Tully (1864-1924)
+Peter Pierce Sayre (1856-1943)
Mary J. Hanshaw [ID 02938]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Mary J. Hanshaw1,2,3 [Sarah J. Hanshaw4].
Born Feb 14 18681,4,5 [Feb - 18677, Feb 14 18638], Clay County, West Virginia1,4,5 [Kanawha County, West Virginia6].
She married William S. Tully, about 1892.7,9 William, son of - Tully & Louise Eaton7, was born Nov - 18647 [Nov 11 186610], Kanawha County, West Virginia7.
Mary and William were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 13 1900), Main Street, Point Pleasant, Mason County, West Virginia:7
Tully, William, head-of-household, age 35, born Nov 1864 in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; married 8 years; occupation: carpenter; rented home.
Tully, Mary J, wife, age 33, born Feb 1867 in West Virginia; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Missouri; married 8 years; no children.
William died Sep 21 1924, Point Pleasant, Mason County, West Virginia; age 57y 11m 10d.10
She then married Peter Pierce Sayre, Dec 2 1925, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia.6,11 Peter, son of Ephraim Sayre & Mazilla Hunt12, was born May 2 185612 [about 18606], Jackson County, West Virginia12 [Mason County, West Virginia6].
Pete had been previously married to Sarah Margaret "Sally" Furgett/Furget/Furgate,12,13 who had died Dec 12 1923.13,14
Mary J. Hanshaw died Nov 10 1927, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; age 64y 8m 26d.8
Peter died Dec 30 1943, Cottageville, Jackson County, West Virginia; age 87y 7m 28d.12,13
Photo: Mary Hanshaw birth record Clay County, West Virginia
Photo: William S. Tully death certificate Mason County, West Virginia
Photo: Mary J. Hanshaw & Pete P. Sayre marriage record Cabell County, West Virginia
Photo: Mary J. Hanshaw death certificate Cabell County, West Virginia
Photo: Peter Pierce Sayre death certificate Jackson County, West Virginia
- 1870 census, Clay Court House P.O., Union Township, Clay County, West Virginia; roll M593-1685, page 695, line #25, dwelling #70, family #67.
- W.S. Laidley. "History of Charleston and Kanawha County, West Virginia and Representative Citizens";
Richmond Arnold Publishing Co., Chicago, ILL. 1911; pg 465.
- Biography of Francis Hanshaw; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1880 census, Clay County, West Virginia; USGenWeb archives.
- Birth record for Mary Handshaw; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Mary J. Hanshaw & Pete P. Sayre marriage record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- 1900 census, Point Pleasant, Mason County, West Virginia; roll T623-1765, ED 60, page 12B, line #70, dwelling #225, family #237.
- Mary J. Hanshaw death certificate; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Cora Bell Hanshaw marriage announcement.
- Death certificate for William S. Tully; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- West Virginia, Marriages Index, 1785-1971; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Peter Pierce Sayre death certificate; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Sally Margaret Sayre death certificate; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:25 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]