1. John Henshaw (c1749-1821) m Sarah Corey (c1767-1825)
2.. Elizabeth Henshaw (1797-1861)
+Rev. Henry H. F. Sweet (c1797-1827)
+Cyrus Merrick (1782-1872)
Elizabeth Henshaw [ID 02993]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Elizabeth Henshaw1,2,3 [Elisabeth Henshaw4].
Born Mar 6 1797, Roxbury, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.1,2,5
She married Rev. Henry H. F. Sweet, Dec 29 1825, Palmer, Hampden County, Massachusetts.3,6,7 Henry was born about 1797.2
On Dec 29 1825 in Palmer, Massachusetts, Elizabeth Henshaw of Waltham and Rev. Henry H.F. Sweet published their intention of marriage.7
Henry died Feb 20 1827, Palmer, Hampden County, Massachusetts; age 30.2
She then married Cyrus Merrick, Sep 26 1828, Sturbridge, Worcester County, Massachusetts.4,8,9 Cyrus, son of Obed Merrick & Mercy Stebbins, was born Sep 1 1782, Hampden County, Massachusetts.4,5,10,11,12 Cyrus had been previously married Nov 5 1820 to Elenthina/Eleuthina Fay.12
Cyrus Henry Merrick, born Sep 26 1829, Sturbridge, Worcester County, Massachusetts; died 1914; married Harriet Olive Sherfey.
Spencer R. Merrick, born c1832, Massachusetts; married Emily F. -- (child: Elizabeth Merrick).
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1850 census (Aug 15 1850), Lancaster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts:5
Cyrus Merrick, age 67, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $4000 real estate.
Elizabeth H. Merrick, age 53, born in Massachusetts.
Cyrus H. Merrick, age 20, born in Massachusetts; farmer.
Spencer R. Merrick, age 17, born in Massachusetts; attended school.
Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 9 1860), Lancaster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts:10
Cyrus Merrick, age 77, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $5000 real estate; $3000 personal property.
Elizabeth Merrick, age 64, born in Massachusetts; $1000 personal property.
S.R. Merrick, age 28, born in Massachusetts; farm laborer.
Lydia A. Robbins, age 18, born in Massachusetts.
Elizabeth Henshaw died Dec 16 1861.4,14
Widower Cyrus was shown in the 1870 census (Jul 11 1870), living in the household of son Spencer in Lancaster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts:11
Merrick, Spencer R., age 37, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $7500 real estate; $2500 personal property.
Merrick, Emily F., age 39, born in Massachusetts; keeping house.
Merrick, Elizabeth, age 1, born in Massachusetts.
Merrick, Cyrus, age 88, born in Massachusetts; no occupation.
French, Prescott N., age 21, born in Massachusetts; teamster.
Hunting, William, age 22, born in Massachusetts; farm hand.
McNeil, Ann, age 25, born in Ireland; domestic; parents foreign-born; cannot read or write.
Cyrus died Jan 28 1872.4,12 Letters of Administration filed 1872, Worcester County, Massachusetts.15
- The LDS IGI - Massachusetts, citing: Vital records of Roxbury, Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Vital Records, 1600s-1800s; http://www.genealogy.com.
- Marriage Index: Massachusetts, 1633-1850; http://www.genealogy.com.
- "Abridged Compendium", by Frederick Virkus.
- 1850 census, Lancaster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M432-343, page 158, line #13, dwelling #11, family #11.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- "Palmer Births to the year 1850", http://www.ancestry.com.
- Massachusetts Town Marriage Records; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Massachusetts Marriages, 1633-1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Harvard P.O., Lancaster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M653-530, page 522, line #30, dwelling #958, family #984.
- 1870 census, Leominster P.O., Lancaster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts; roll M593-653, page 197, line #25, dwelling #17, family #18.
- LDS IGI, citing: member submission.
- Massachusetts Town Birth Records; http://www.ancestry.com.
- The LDS IGI - Massachusetts, citing: member submission.
- Worcester County, Massachusetts, Probate Index, Vol. 1 & 2 A - Z, July 1731-1881; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]