1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-(c1768) 7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836) 8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855) 9......... John Hinshaw (1828-1902) +Sarah Ann Drake (1837-1872) 10.......... Merilla Evaline Hinshaw (1858-1932) 10.......... John Franklin Hinshaw (1860-1866) 10.......... Phoebe Addelaide Hinshaw (1861-1928) 10.......... Philura Jane Hinshaw (1863-1864) 10.......... Thomas E. Hinshaw (1865-(c1935) 10.......... Margaret Emily Hinshaw (1866-1939) 10.......... Charles Wilson Hinshaw (1868-1895) 10.......... Lucy Ann Hinshaw (1870-1954) 10.......... Fannie Amelia Hinshaw (1871-?) +Nancy M. (Johnson) Jones (1836-1917) 10.......... Ira Oscar Hinshaw (1876-1930)
|John Hinshaw     [ID 00031]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Jun 23 1828, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,85,93,205,a,b,c,d
John moved as a toddler with his family to McLean County, Illinois in 1830.    There he went to school in a log school house with puncheon seats.168
In the 1850 Illinois census, John's real estate holding were valued at $50.    He was listed as still living at home with his parents at age 22.85,101
He married Sarah Ann Drake, Feb 2 1858, McLean County, Illinois.1,46,91,93,168,205,e    Sarah, daughter of William Drake & Mary Gilstrap, was born Sep 26 1837, Coles County, Illinois.205,1,93,168    (c1839).b
John and family were again shown in the 1860 census (Jun 13 1860), Stout's Grove, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:f
John and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 8 1870), McLean County, Illinois:b
He then married Nancy M. (Johnson) Jones, Aug 14 1874, Livingston County, Illinois.1,46,58,93,168,205,h    (Nancy M. Jones)58,g    (Nancy M. Johnson)168,a    Nancy, daughter of William Johnson & Lucinda Meeks, was born Sep 19 1836, Washington County, Ohio.205,g,c    (Sep 19 1835).1,168,a,d
Nancy was the widow of Edward Jones, who she had married Jan 20 1853, Adams County, Ohio.    Edward Jones had died in 1866 and Nancy then came with her 6 children to McLean County, Illinois.168
John and family were again shown in the 1880 census (Jun 3 1880), McLean County, Illinois:c
John and Nancy moved to Anchor, Illinois, in 1899.
John and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1900), McLean County, Illinois:d
John was recorded in the McLean County tax assessment list of 1901, town of Anchor.i
John Hinshaw died Feb 7 1902, Anchor, McLean County, Illinois; buried Conklin Cemetery, near Anchor, McLean County, Illinois.1,93,a,168
Nancy died Sep 12 1917, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; buried Conklin Cemetery, near Anchor, McLean County, Illinois.a,j,168
Photo: John Hinshaw k
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
46. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
58. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
85. United States National Archives, federal Census, 1850.
91. Letters from Warren Gfeller, Wichita, KS (re George/Polly Toliver).
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
101. "1850 Federal Census, McLean County, Illinois" (a summary), GR929.377359 G38 in a local library.
168. Family group sheets and newspaper clippings contributed by Bill Hewitt ().
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Contribution from Bill Hewitt () citing: gravestone.
(b) 1870 census, Polosi P.O., Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 316, line #6, dwelling #131, family #131.
(c) 1880 census, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0231, ED 187, page 657C, line #7, dwelling #21, family #21.
(d) 1900 census, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 75, page 26A, line #86, dwelling #192, family #193.
(e) Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book C, page 388):
(f) 1860 census, Stout's Grove, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; page 46, line #21, dwelling #294, family #286.
(g) http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
(h) Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book F, page 3):
(i) McLean County 1901 tax assessment lists: http://members.tripod.com/~GenFamily/taxlist.html.
(j) State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
(k) Photo from the book "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", 1911.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]