1. William G. Henshaw (c1818-?)
+Nancy W. Jackson (1823-1907)
2.. Marinda Henshaw (c1840-?) 1
2.. Mark Henshaw (c1843-?) 1,2
2.. Polly Henshaw (c1846-?) 1
2.. Jasper Henshaw (c1850-?) 1
2.. Harry Henshaw (c1854-?) 3
2.. Amanda Henshaw (1855-?) 2,3,4
2.. Nancy Henshaw (c1861-?) 3
William G. Henshaw [ID 03455]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1818, South Carolina.1
He married Nancy W. Jackson5,6 [Nancy W. Nichols7, Mary Nichols3], Aug 12 18495,6, Fayette County, Illinois5,6. Nancy had been previously married to a Henry Jackson.7 Nancy, daughter of Bird Nichols & Lucy Mann, was born Feb 20 1823, Smith County, Tennessee.1,2,3,4,7
William and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 18 1850), Fayette County, Illinois:1
William G. Henshaw, age 32, born in South Carolina; farmer; $150 real estate.
Nancy Henshaw, age 26, born in Tennessee.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of a James Nichols, age 378 (relationship to Nancy unknown).
Nancy and children were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 21 1860), Fayette County, Illinois:2
Nancy Hanscher, age 36, born in Tennessee; housekeeper; $600 real estate; $120 personal property.
, age 16, born in Illinois; farming; attended school.
Nancy remarried to a William Morris,7 Oct 25 1861, Marion County, Illinois.9 (it is unknown if William Henshaw had died before Nancy's remarriage, or if they were divorced).
Nancy and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 13 1870), Clinton County, Illinois:3
Morris, William, age 52, born in Georgia; farmer; $7300 real estate; $1600 personal property; cannot read or write.
Morris, Mary, age 47, born in Tennessee; keeps house.
Morris, Thomas, age 18, born in Illinois; attended school.
Morris, Robert, age 13, born in Illinois; attended school.
Morris, Lucy, age 7, born in Illinois; attended school.
Watts, Sarah, age 38, born in Ohio; school teacher.
Nancy was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 26 1900), living with (or staying with) the family of daughter Amanda in White Cross Precinct, Ada County, Idaho:4
Morris, Nancy W., mother, age 77, born Feb 1823 in Tennessee; parents born in Virginia; widow; 1 child, 1 living.
Nancy died Feb - 1907, Marion County, Illinois.7
A William G. Henshaw (possibly this one) was shown in the 1891 and 1892 city directories of Joliet, Will County, Illinois. He was shown living at 819 Clay St., a worker at Illinois Steel Co.10 In 1892 living nearby, at 900 Clay St., was an Alice Henshaw.10 In 1892 there was also a Thomas Henshaw at the corner of Cass & Chicago.10
See also: William G. Henshaw #3454 who also married in Illinois about the same time.
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- 1850 census, Fayette County, Illinois; roll M432-106, page 429, line #37, dwelling #624.
- 1860 census, Shobonier P.O., Kaskaskia Township, Fayette County, Illinois; roll M653-177, page 267, line #28, dwelling #1802, family #1819.
- 1870 census, Carlyle P.O., Township 3 Range 1, Clinton County, Illinois; roll M593-196, page 236, line #30, dwelling #36, family #37.
- 1900 census, White Cross Precinct, Ada County, Idaho; roll T623-231, ED 10, page 11A, line #43, dwelling #205, family #206.
- "Illinois Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book A, page 36):
- Mike Hughes' Nichols data: http://www.hughesfamilies.com/uft/i0001213.htm.
- 1850 census, Fayette County, Illinois; roll M432-106, page 429, line #37, dwelling #625.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book D, page 9):
- Joliet City Directory, 1891, 1892.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]