1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Abigail Allen (?-1806)
9......... Benjamin Hinshaw (1805-1855) m Jedidah Hinshaw (1812-c1849)
10.......... Daniel Hinshaw (1836-1912) m Cyntha Eunice Nelson (1840-1920)
11........... Isom J. Hinshaw (1868-1945) m Mary Catherine Andrews (1866-1946)
12............ Clyde Isham Hinshaw (1896-1985)
+Luar Carter (1892-1978)
13............. Virgil Clyde Hinshaw (1918-) 1,2,3,4,5,6
13............. Floyd Carter Hinshaw (1920-2012) 1,2,3,4,6,7
13............. Earl Jackson Hinshaw (1923-2012) 1,2,3,4,6,7
13............. Ross Isham Hinshaw (1925-2002) 1,2,3,4,6
Clyde Isham Hinshaw [ID 03637]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jun 22 18961,2,5,8,9,10,11,12 [May - 189513], Siler City, Chatham County, North Carolina1,2,5,8,9,10,11,12.
He married Luar Carter8,9 [Lura Carter2,3,4, Laura Carter12, Lula Carter11], about 19178,9. Luar, daughter of Jackson "Jack" Carter & Vandelia Fogleman3,8,9, was born Nov 11 18923,8,9 [about 18942,5].
On Jun 5 1918 Clyde Hinshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft in Alamance County, North Carolina. He declared he was born June 22, 1896 in Siler City, North Carolina, and his then-current residence was Snow Camp, North Carolina where he was self-employed. He named his nearest relative as Laura Hinshaw of Snow Camp. He was recorded as having gray eyes, dark hair.12
Clyde and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 31 1920), Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina:5
Hinshaw, Clyde I., head-of-household, age 24, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; owned home; occupation: farmer, home farm.
Hinshaw, Lura, wife, age 26, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Hinshaw, Vergil C.Living next door in 1920 was the family of brother Albert Vernie.14
[middle initial unclear], son, age 1 year ? months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Clyde and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Clyde, head-of-household, age 33, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 20; owned home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, farming; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Lura, wife, age 36, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 23.
, son, age 12, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
, son, age 10, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
Hinshaw, Earl J.
, son, age 6, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
Hinshaw, RossLiving nearby in 1930 was the family of brother Alva.15
, son, age 4, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Luar died Mar 29 1978, buried Rocky River Friends Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina.8,9
In 1985 Clyde was living in/near Snow Camp, North Carolina.8
Clyde Isham Hinshaw died May 22 1985, Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina; age 88 years.1,8,10
Social Security information for Clyde Isham Hinshaw: 243-20-5268
Social Security information for Luar Carter: 239-06-7899
- A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek
Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
- 1930 census, Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T626-1671, ED 12, page 5B, line #83, dwelling #94, family #99.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jim Hawkins ().
- Obituary of Floyd Carter Hinshaw.
- 1920 census, Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T625-1282, ED 12, page 8B, line #58, dwelling #156, family #156.
- Obituary of Earl Jackson Hinshaw.
- Contribution from William K. Walker.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Rocky River Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume 2". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1990 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
- North Carolina Deaths, 1983-87; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Murray Milton Andrew ().
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Patterson Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T623-1180, ED 1, page 11A, line #1, dwelling #212, family #212.
- 1920 census, Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T625-1282, ED 12, page 8B, line #54, dwelling #155, family #155.
- 1930 census, Newlin Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T626-1671, ED 12, page 5A-5B, line #50, dwelling #87, family #91.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]