1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Absolem Hinshaw (1775-1833) m Elizabeth Way (1776-1830)
9......... Mary Hinshaw (c1815-?)
+Isaac Ward (c1815-1890)
Mary Hinshaw [ID 03897]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 18151 [about 18122,3, 18104], North Carolina1.
She married Isaac Ward, Jun 12 1836, Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana.5,6,7 Isaac was born about 18151 [about 18132,3, 18147, about 18188], North Carolina1.
Rufus W. Ward, born 1838; married Mary A. - before 1861.
Ottie Ward, born about 1840 (apparently died young).
Hiram/Hyram/Iram Ward, born about 1842; served as a Corporal in Company D, 117th Indiana Infantry.
Isaiah Marion Ward, born Oct 13 1847, died Oct 25 1914; married Rozella -; both buried Saffordville, Kansas.
William Thomas Ward, born 1850; died 1897; married May 21 1871, Sarah Ann Hornaday; both buried Saffordville, Kansas.
Eliza J. Ward, born c1855 (probably died young).
On Jan 7 1837 Isaac Ward acquired a U.S. government patent for 40 acres of land in Morgan County, Indiana14 (issued Sep 10 1838).15
Mary and family were shown in the 1850 census (Oct 2 1850), Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:1
Isaac Ward, age 35, born in North Carolina; cooper; $70 real estate.
Mary Ward, age 35, born in North Carolina; cannot read or write.
Rufus W. [initial unclear] Ward, age 12, born in Indiana; attended school.
Hiram Ward, age 8, born in Indiana; attended school.
Isaiah Ward, age 3, born in Indiana.
Mary and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 17 1860), Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:10
Isaac Ward, age 36, born in North Carolina; cooper; $250 personal property.
Mary Ward, age 31, born in North Carolina; housework.
Rufus Ward, age 22, born in Indiana; cooper; $100 real estate; $100 personal property.
Mary A. Ward, age 22, born in Indiana; housekeeper.
Irom Ward, age 19, born in Indiana; cooper.
Isiah M. Ward, age 13, born in Indiana; attended school.
William T. Ward, age 10, born in Indiana; attended school.
Eliza J. Ward, age 5, born in Indiana.
Mary and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 20 1870), Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:3
Ward, Isaac, age 57, born in North Carolina; works in grist mill; $100 personal property.
Ward, Mary, age 58, born in North Carolina; keeping house; cannot write.
Ward, Isiah M., age 22, born in Indiana; keeping house; $100 personal property.
Ward, William T., age 20, born in Indiana; keeps eating saloon; $200 personal property.
Mary might have died in the early 1870s, as Isaac remarried to Malinda J. Patram on Aug 23 1877, Morgan County, Indiana.16
Isaac and his new wife were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 23-24 1880), Clay Township, Morgan County, Indiana:8
Ward, Isaac, age 62, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Ward, Malinda J., wife, age 53, born in Indiana; parents born in Virginia; keeping house.
Patram, Frances B., step-daughter, age 16, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana.
Patram, Dalana, step-daughter, age 15, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana.
Isaac died 1890, Saffordville, Chase County, Kansas; buried Saffordville, Kansas.7 Isaac is believed to be buried in Saffordville, Chase County, Kansas, but his grave has not yet been found to verify.9
See also: Penelope Hinshaw #9571 who also married an Isaac Ward in Morgan County, Indiana.
- 1850 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M432-162, page 128, line #41, dwelling #472, family #472.
- Contribution from Judith Mooney Collins () citing: 1870 census.
- 1870 census, Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M593-346, page 473, line #16, dwelling #48, family #47.
- Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- Contribution from Chris Eldredge () citing:
Letter from great-great aunt.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Judith Collins ().
- 1880 census, Clay Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll T9-301, ED 266, page 90A, line #49, dwelling #235, family #280.
- Contribution from Judith Mooney Collins ().
- 1860 census, Monrovia, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M653-284, page 645-646, line #39, dwelling #716-717, family #728-729.
- Chase County, Kansas burials; USGenWeb: http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/archives/chase/cemetery/cemw-wa.htm.
- Contribution from Chris Eldredge ().
- Morgan County Indiana Original Land Sales from U.S. Government; Morgan County Public Linrary:
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management - http://www.glorecords.blm.gov
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]