1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806) 7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795) 8........ Benjamin H. Hinshaw (1782-1866) m Annas Bowman (1790-1865) 9......... Anna H. Hinshaw (1810-1887) +Solomon Cox (1809-1849)
|Anna H. Hinshaw     [ID 00392]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Anna H. Hinshaw)2,36,a,b,191    (Anna W. Hinshaw)c    (Anne Hinshaw)44
Born 8-30-1810, Marlborough MM, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,b,191,c,d,e
She married Solomon Cox, Aug 16 1832, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,30,36,44,191,220    Solomon, son of William + Ruth Cox, was born Nov 25 1809, Randolph County, North Carolina.f,c,220
A marriage bond was recorded for Anna Hinshaw & Solomon Cox on Aug 16 1832, Randolph County, North Carolina.36
At Marlborough MM on 9-6-1832, Anna Cox (formerly Hinshaw) was disowned for her "marriage out of unity".2
Anna and Solomon settled in West Liberty, Indiana.g
Widow Anna and family were shown in the 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana, as follows:d
Widow Anna and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 24 1860), Union Township, Howard County, Indiana:e
Anna H. Hinshaw died Apr 17 1887, age 76Y 7M 19D; buried Forks of the Creek Cemetery, West Liberty, Howard County, Indiana.30,g,220    (Apr 19 1887).c
Photo: Anna Hinshaw Cox gravestone m
Photo: Solomon Cox gravestone m
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
191. "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
220. Family group sheets from Linda Kendall, Kokomo, Indiana
(a) Contribution from A. M. Greenlee ().
(b) Seth Hinshaw family bible, from "Hinshaw Family Bible Records",
LDS microfilm 1906029, Item 1.
(d) 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 469B, line #21, dwelling #72, family #72.
(e) 1860 census, Jerome P.O., Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 698, line #16, dwelling #1416, family #1315.
(f) Posting Jan 26 1998 by John Lambert () on the Cox GenForum:
(g) Posting by John Lambert () at http://www.genforum.com/hinshaw/messages/6.html.
(h) Contribution from Becky (Helms) Bailey ().
(i) Index to Marriage Records, Howard County, Indiana, 1844-1920.
(j) 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 469A, line #36, dwelling #68, family #68.
(k) 1860 census, Jerome P.O., Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 698, line #13, dwelling #1415, family #1314.
(l) 1860 census, Jerome P.O., Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 698, line #5, dwelling #1414, family #1313.
(m) Photo courtesy of Becky (Helms) Bailey ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]