1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796) 7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835) 8........ Jonathan Hinshaw (c1774-1859) m Ann McDaniel (c1775-?) 9......... John Hinshaw (c1801-1885) m Hannah Carter (c1805-1887) 10.......... Jesse Hinshaw (1827-<1900) +Eliza Brown (c1839-?) 11........... Mary E. Hinshaw (c1863-1926) 11........... James Asbury Hinshaw (1865-?) 11........... Hannah Lucinda Hinshaw (1869-?) 11........... Jane Hinshaw (c1871-?) 11........... Henry Hinshaw (c1874-?) 11........... Marguerite Hinshaw (c1877-?)
|Jesse Hinshaw     [ID 03983]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Sep 14 1827, Surry (now Yadkin) County, North Carolina.228,141,a,b    (c1826).c
He married Eliza Brown, Jun 21 1857, Yadkin County, North Carolina.36,44,141,200,d    (Liza Brown)e    (Louisa Brown)e,b,c    Eliza was born about 1839, North Carolina.b,c    (c1834).f    (Aug - 1843).g    (c1830).h
A marriage bond was recorded for Jesse Hinshaw & Eliza Brown on June 20, 1857, Yadkin County, North Carolina.    They were married the very next day by A. Speer, J.P.36
Jesse and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 7 1860), Yadkin County, North Carolina:b
On Oct 27 1863 in Yadkin County, North Carolina, Jesse Hinshaw, age 30, of Yadkin County, enlisted in Company H, 3rd North Carolina Infantry Regiment, Confederate Army.200,j    He was present or accounted for until discharged on March 14, 1864, by reason of disability caused by "a state of mental imbecility bordering on idiocy, and also a caracature of spine".200
Jesse and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 12 1870), Yadkin County, North Carolina:c
Widow Eliza and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 23 1900), Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina:g
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
141. Family group sheets contributed by Thornton Neal Hinshaw
200. Lineage notes on the family and descendents of John Hinshaw and Hannah Carter, contributed by Bill Hinshaw
228. Family notes by Glenn Royal Hinshaw; given by him to DoraLee Harvey Hatley at an Indiana Hinshaw reunion; courtesy of DoraLee Harvey Hatley
(a) 1850 census, Surry County, North Carolina; roll 646, page 203, dwelling #624.
(b) 1860 census, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 552, line #3, dwelling #381, family #361.
(c) 1870 census, Boonville P.O., Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll M593-1166, page 626, line #26, dwelling #188, family #188.
(d) "North Carolina Marriges 1850-1868": Ancestry, Inc.
(e) Contribution from Ron Collins () citing:
"Marriage Records Yadkin County 1867-1907", complied by Helen S. Wishon.
(f) 1880 census, Booneville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 432, line #30, dwelling #124, family #128.
(g) 1900 census, Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T623-1225, ED 133, page 13A, line #22, dwelling #236, family #238.
(h) 1910 census, Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T624-1130, ED 136, page 120B, line #82, dwelling #108, family #110.
(i) 1860 census, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 551, line #31, dwelling #379, family #360.
(j) "The American Civil War Research Database", Ancestry, Inc.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]