1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ Jonathan Hinshaw (c1774-1859) m Ann McDaniel (c1775-?)
9......... John Hinshaw (c1801-1885) m Hannah Carter (c1805-1887)
10.......... Martin Luther Hinshaw (1836-<1880)
+Elizabeth Shields (c1835-?)
11........... John Benjamin Hinshaw (1863-1946) 1,2
Martin Luther Hinshaw [ID 03986]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 6 1836, Surry (now Yadkin) County, North Carolina.2,3,4,5,6
Martin was shown in the 1860 census (Jul 11 1860), Mt. Nebo, Yadkin County, North Carolina, living in the household of his brother Isaac:6
Martin Hinshaw, age 23, born in North Carolina; farm laborer.
He married Elizabeth Shields, Oct 12 1862, Yadkin County, North Carolina.3,7,8 Elizabeth was born about 1835, North Carolina.9,10
A marriage bond was recorded for Martin Hinshaw & Elizabeth Shields on Oct 11 1862, Yadkin County, North Carolina. They were married the following day by B.C. Myers JP.7,11
In the 1860 census Elizabeth Shealds had been shown as a "domestic", age 24,9 living next door to the Isaac Hinshaw household with whom Martin was living.
On Feb 10 1863, in Wayne County, North Carolina, Martin Hinshaw and his brother P.J. both enlisted as privates in Company H, 10th Regiment, 1st Light Artillery, North Carolina Confederate Army.12,13,14 They both deserted June 15, 1863.12,13
Martin Luther Hinshaw died before 1880.10 Martin is believed to have been killed in the Civil War.2,15
Widow Elizabeth and son John were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 30 1880), Pleasanton, Linn County, Kansas:10
Henshaw, Elizabeth [unclear], age 45, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow; keeping house.
Henshaw, John B.
, son, age 17, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; tinner.
- Contribution from Marion Hinshaw citing: LDS data.
- Family notes by Glenn Royal Hinshaw; given by him to DoraLee Harvey Hatley
at an Indiana Hinshaw reunion; courtesy of DoraLee Harvey Hatley
- Family group sheets contributed by Thornton Neal Hinshaw
- Lineage notes on the family and descendents of John Hinshaw and Hannah Carter,
contributed by Bill Hinshaw
- 1850 census, Surry County, North Carolina; roll 646, page 203, dwelling #624.
- 1860 census, Mt. Nebo, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 557, line #30, dwelling #423, family #403.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- 1860 census, Mt. Nebo, Yadkin County, North Carolina; page 557, line #28, dwelling #422, family #402.
- 1880 census, Pleasanton City, Potosi Township, Linn County, Kansas; ED 130, page 113C, line #30, dwelling #143, family #148.
- "North Carolina Marriges 1850-1868": Ancestry, Inc.
- Contribution from Bill Hinshaw citing:
"The Heritage of Yadkin County", 1981;
"North Carolina Troops", North Carolina State Archives.
- "The American Civil War Research Database", Ancestry, Inc.
- U.S. National Park Service - "Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System":
- Contribution from Marion Hinshaw citing:
interview with Bill Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]