1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Washington Henshaw (1779-1853) m Charlotte Malick (1778-1822)
4.... Philip Henshaw (1816-1878)
+Elizabeth Alexander (1824-?)
5..... Sarah Jane Henshaw (1847-1914) 1,2,3,4,5
5..... Charlotte V. Henshaw (c1849-?) 1,2,3
5..... Catherine E. Hanshaw (c1851-?) 2
5..... Stephen F. Hanshaw (c1855-?) 2
5..... Julie M. Hanshaw (c1859-?) 2
Philip Henshaw [ID 04194]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Philip Henshaw1,6,7 [Phillip Henshaw8, Philip Hanshaw2].
Born Jul 19 1816, Greene County, Tennessee.6,7
He married Elizabeth Alexander, Aug 21 1845, Greene County, Tennessee.6,8,9,10 Elizabeth, daughter of Stephen King Alexander & Sarah Kennedy, was born Aug 19 1824, Tennessee.1,11
Philip and family were shown in the 1850 census living in Greene County, Tennessee, as follows:1
Philip Henshaw, age 34, born in Tennessee; farmer; $800 real estate.
Elizabeth Henshaw, age 26, born in Tennessee.
Mary Luny, age 17, born in Tennessee (probably neighbor hired help).
Philip and family were again shown in the 1860 census, Greene County, Tennessee:2
Philip Hanshaw, age 43, born in Tennessee; farmer; $2500 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Elizabeth Hanshaw, age 34, born in Tennessee.
Living next door in 1860 was brother Levi.12
Philip Henshaw died Sep 17 1878, LaMar County, Texas; buried LaMar County, TX.6,7 Philip's death was reported in the Christian Advocate (Nashville, Tennessee) on November 30, 1878.7
- 1850 census, Greene County, Tennessee; roll 880, page 218, dwelling #990.
- 1860 census, Horse Creek, Greene County, Tennessee; roll M653-1252, page 18, dwelling #137; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1850 census, Greene County, Tennessee; pg 218B.
- Contribution from Frank Machala Hinshaw citing:
Christian County, Missouri: Record of Births at Ozark, Missouri.
- Birth record for Sarah Jane Henshaw.
- Family group sheets created by Frances G. Brumley, citing Henshaw family
bible records, Greene County, TN court & cemetery records, and several
secondary sources. Contributed by Ruth Jenkins ().
- Death Notices from the Christian Advocate, Nashville TN 1877-1879; USGenWeb Archives:
- "Early East Tennessee Marriages", Sistler, 1987.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- "Green Co. Tennessee, Marriages, 1783-1868", Burgner.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Patricia Bell ().
- 1860 census, Horse Creek, Greene County, Tennessee; roll M653-1252, page 18, dwelling #138; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]