1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Benjamin Hinshaw (1803-1840) m Mary E. Larrence (1800-1851)
9......... Isaac M. Hinshaw (1831-1912) m Elizabeth Matilda Hadley (1837-1914)
10.......... Ora Anna Hinshaw (1867-1944)
+William Everett White (1861-1936)
Ora Anna Hinshaw [ID 04196]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ora Anna Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Anna Hinshaw5,6, Orie Hinshaw7,8,9].
Born Jun 20 18671,2,3,4,8,9 [May - 186810], Douglas County, Kansas1,2,3,4,8,9.
Ora was a pioneer teacher in the one-room county schools around Goldendale, Klickitat County, Washington.11
She married William Everett White1,2,3 [Everett White10], Feb 19 18911,2,3 [Feb 19 189012], Goldendale, Klickitat County, Washington1,2,3. William, son of Nathan White & Elizabeth Pool, was born Jun 12 1861, Indiana.2,4,8,9,10,13
Ora and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 13 1900), Moro Precinct, Sherman County, Oregon:10
White, Everett, head-of-household, age 39, born June 1861 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 9 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
White, Orrie A., wife, age 32, born May 1868 in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; married 9 years; no children; occupation: school teacher.
White, Nathan, father, age 65, born June 1835 in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; married 41 years.
White, Elizabeth, mother, age 62, born June 1837 in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; married 41 years; 3 children, 3 living.
In 1904 Ora was living in Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon.14
Ora and Everett were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 12-13 1920), living/staying in a rooming house in Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon:4
White, Everett, roomer, age 58, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: agent, real estate.
White, Ora, roomer, age 52, born in Kansas; parents born in North Carolina; occupation: agent, real estate.
Ora and Everett were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), living/staying in a rooming house in Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon:9
White, William E., head-of-household, age 68, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 29 [unclear]; owned home ($3000 value); no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a war veteran.
White, Orie H. [initial unclear], wife, age 62, born in Kansas; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 23; occupation: none.
William died Feb 3 1936, buried Brouilette Section, 16, 4, Friends Cemetery, Everest Street, Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon.8
Ora Anna Hinshaw died Jan 26 19447 [Jan 29 19448], Portland County, Oregon7; buried Brouilette Section, 16, 3, Friends Cemetery, Everest Street, Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon7.
Photo: Ora Hinshaw and William E. White
Photo: Ora Hinshaw with sister Ella
Photo: Family of Isaac Hinshaw
- Contribution from Muriel Gray Richardson, citing:
The family bible of Isaac Hinshaw.
- GEDCOM file g523.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- 1920 census, Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T625-1506, ED 442, page 14B, line #80, dwelling #160, family #162.
- Contribution from Carol Lawrence Vidales.
- 1870 census, Willow Springs, Eudora Township, Douglas County, Kansas; page 245, line #37, dwelling #85, family #86.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-98; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Burials in Friends Cemetery, Yamhill County, Oregon; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1930 census, 4th Ward, Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T626-1958, ED 6, page 5B, line #86, dwelling #130, family #138.
- 1900 census, Moro Precinct, Sherman County, Oregon; roll T623-1351, ED 36, page 7A, line #41, dwelling #169, family #169.
- Contribution from Ted Hinshaw citing:
"History of Klickitat County", edited by Pete May,
published 1982 by the Kickitat County Historical Society.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Vernon Goodrich ().
- Hadley database: http://www.culpepper.net/genealogy/hadley.
- Contribution from Ted Hinshaw citing:
"An Illustrated History of Klickitat, Yakima and Kittitas Counties",
published 1904 by Interstate Publishing Company.
- Photo courtesy of Charles Barry Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]