1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Jacob Hinshaw (1787-1832) m Mary Davis (1796-1874)
9......... Elias Hinshaw (1827-1893) m Martitia Macon (1830-1877)
10.......... Eli Newlin Hinshaw (1861-1940) m Elizabeth Carey (1867-1942)
11........... Charles Clarkson Hinshaw (1888-1934)
+Ada DeVera Fite (c1890-)
12............ Thelma Bloom Hinshaw (1911-1998) 1,2,3,4
Charles Clarkson Hinshaw [ID 04285]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 26 18881,2,3,4,5,6 [Jan - 18897, Jan 26 18878], Indiana1,2,3,4,5,6.
He married Ada DeVera Fite9,10 [Adah DeVera Fite1,2], Dec 25 19099,10, Grant County, Indiana9,10. Ada was born about 1890, Indiana.3,4,5,11
Charles and Ada were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 20 1910), living with Charles' parents in Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:5
Hinshaw, Charles C., son, age 22, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 0 years; occupation: laborer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Ada, daughter-in-law, age 20, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 0 years; no children.
Charles and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), 1122 Olive Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:3
Hinshaw, Charles, head-of-household, age 32, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: owner, garage.
Hinshaw, Ada D., wife, age 29, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana.
Hinshaw, Thelma B.
, daughter, age 8, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Charles and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), 266 Keystone Avenue, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:4
Hinshaw, Charles C, head-of-household, age 42, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 22; rented home ($28 rent); radio in home; occupation: conductor, street car; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Ada, wife, age 39, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 19.
, daughter, age 20, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Charles Clarkson Hinshaw died Aug 17 1934, at his home, 341 N. Holmes, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; age 47.6,8
Widow Ada was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 18 1940), 2004 No. New Jersey, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:11
Photo: Charles Clarkson Hinshaw funeral home record 1 Evans-Godby-Trout Funeral Home, Noblesville, Indiana
Hinshaw, Ada, head-of-household, age 49, born in Indiana; completed 8th grade; widow; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city; rented home ($32/month rent); occupation: housekeeper, private homes; worked 26 weeks in 1939; $156 wages in 1939.
Photo: Charles Clarkson Hinshaw funeral home record 2 Evans-Godby-Trout Funeral Home, Noblesville, Indiana
- Contribution from citing:
"Branches of the John Carey Family" by Dorothy Carey Toennies &
Thelma Carey Matthews, 1969.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- 1920 census, 10th Ward, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; roll T625-454, ED 190, page 4B, line #89, dwelling #97, family #107.
- 1930 census, 9th Ward, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-612, ED 124, page 4A, line #17, dwelling #63, family #66.
- 1910 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T624-353, ED 115, page 290B, line #61, dwelling #61, family #61.
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 93, page 9A, line #15, dwelling #208, family #211.
- Member and Institutional Collections, Evans-Godby-Trout Funeral Home Records, Book 2; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Marriage Records Index 1845-1920; Ancestry.com; book 17, pg 580.
- Indiana, Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, 3rd Ward, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; roll T627-1123, ED 96-56, page 62B, line #72, household #357.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]