1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Phebe Allen (1789-1869)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1811-1863) m Asenath Hodgin (1809-1878)
10.......... Tilnias Hinshaw (1833-1911) m Eunice Smith (1831-?)
11........... Nathan Lindsey Hinshaw (1852-1931) m Alice Jane Walker (1851-1922)
12............ Orris Lindsey Hinshaw (1889-1972)
+Mary Margaret Bousser (1890-1951)
13............. Mary Jane Hinshaw (1915-2002) 1,2,3,4
13............. Elizabeth Mignon Hinshaw (1916-1994) 1,2,3,5
13............. Margaret Joanne Hinshaw (1923-1979) 1,2,5
13............. Sara Katherine Hinshaw (1924-) 1,2,5,6
13............. Rita Mae Hinshaw (1929-2014) 1,2,5,6
Orris Lindsey Hinshaw [ID 04472]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 27 1889, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas.1,2,3,5,7,8,9,10
He married Mary Margaret Bousser5 [May Bousser1,2,10], Jan 29 19135, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas5. Mary, daughter of Michael P. Bousser & Katherine Bump2,3,5, was born May 30 18902,3,5 [May 10 189010], Kansas2,3,5.
On Jun 5 1917 Orris L. Hinshaw, age 27, registered for the World War I draft in Harvey County, Kansas. He declared he was born August 27th 1889 in Halstead, Kansas, and was then still in Halstead, Kansas, married, and a self-employed contractor & builder. He claimed an exemption due to "wife and children". He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, dark hair.9
Orris and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 12 1920), Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas:3
Hinshaw, Orris, head-of-household, age 30, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; owned home; occupation: carpenter, house.
Hinshaw, Mary, wife, age 29, born in Kansas; father born in France; mother born in Missouri.
Hinshaw, ElizabethLiving next door in 1920 were Orris' parents;11 also living nearby were the families of brother Joel,12 sister Ola,13 and sister Mollie.14
, daughter, age 3 years 9 months, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas.
Orris and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), 319 Spruce, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas:2
Hinshaw, Orris L., head-of-household, age 40, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 22; owned home ($8000 value); no radio in home; occupation: contractor, building; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Mae M., wife, age 39, born in Kansas; father born in France; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 22.
Hinshaw, Mary J.
, daughter, age 15, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Hinshaw, Joan M.
, daughter, age 7, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Hinshaw, Sarah C.
, daughter, age 5, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Hinshaw, Rita M.
, daughter, age 1 year 2 months, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas.
Mary died Dec 1 1951, buried Halstead Cemetery, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas.10
In 1972 Orris was still living in/near Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas.7
Orris Lindsey Hinshaw died Nov 11 1972, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; buried Halstead Cemetery, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas.1,5,7,10
Photo: Orris Lindsey Hinshaw gravestone Halstead Cemetery
Photo: May Bousser gravestone Halstead Cemetery
Social Security information for Orris Lindsey Hinshaw: 511-20-5963
- Contribution from Aileen Gram-Reefer.
- 1930 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T626-705, ED 8, page 1A, line #19, dwelling #6, family #6.
- 1920 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T625-534, ED 48, page 9B-10A, line #48, dwelling #251, family #255.
- Obituary of Mary Jane (Hinshaw) Dodge; "The Hutchinson New", Mar 12 2002:
- Contribution from Terri Overman ().
- Rita Mae Hinshaw obituary.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T623-482, ED 80, page 13B, line #92, dwelling #266, family #269.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T625-534, ED 48, page 10A, line #2, dwelling #252, family #257.
- 1920 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T625-534, ED 48, page 10B, line #55, dwelling #268, family #276.
- 1920 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T625-534, ED 48, page 9B, line #72, dwelling #244, family #248.
- 1920 census, Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas; roll T625-534, ED 48, page 9B, line #76, dwelling #245, family #249.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:20 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]