1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651)
4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728)
5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747)
6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774)
7....... David Henshaw (1744-1808) m Mary Sargent (1755-1831)
8........ Andrew Henshaw (1783-1853)
+Elizabeth Isbell Carson (1786-?)
9......... Andrew Isbell Henshaw (1825-1865) 1,2,3,4
9......... Elizabeth Sargent Henshaw (1827-1856) 3,4,5,6
Andrew Henshaw [ID 04524]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born May 14 1783, Leicester, Massachusetts.3,7,8,9 Christened Mar 14 1783, Leicester10 (although that reported Christening date conflicts with the reported birth date).
Andrew settled in Alabama.3
He married Frances Stedman.1
He then married Elizabeth Isbell Carson3,5 [Elizabeth Isbell1,9], 18243,5. Elizabeth, daughter of John Lewis Isbell & Ann Hannah Anderson, was born 1786, Powhattan County, Virginia.2,3,6,11,12
Andrew lived in Clarke County, Alabama.9 Andrew was mentioned in an 1882 history of Clarke County:13
Andrew Henshaw was deputy surveyor and aided to run out the first lines of the government survey in this county. He married the widow of Joseph Carson.
On Jan 21 1825 Andrew Henshaw petitioned the second session of the 18th Congress for compensation for services as deputy aurveyor.14 He again petitioned the first session of the 23rd Congress for compensation for surveying public lands.14
Andrew and family were shown in the 1850 census (Nov 29 1850), Clarke County, Alabama:2
Andrew Henshaw, age 67, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $1500 real estate.
Elizabeth Henshaw, age 63, born in Virginia.
H. L... [unclear], age 24; overseer.
Andrew Henshaw died Nov - 1853, Clarke County, Alabama.8,9,11
Widow Elizabeth and family were shown in the 1860 census (Sep 17 1860), Monroe County, Alabama:12
, age 35, born in Alabama; farmer; $20,000 real estate; $90,000 personal property.
Elizabeth Henshaw, age 73, born in Virginia; $10,000 personal property.
See also: Susan Jane Henshaw who married John C. Isbell.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Clarke County, Alabama; roll M432-3, page 259, line #7, dwelling #806, family #806.
- "Genealogy of the Denny family in England and America", Denny, Christopher Columbus; Leicester, Massachusettes, 1886.
- Contribution from Mary Alden Hannon ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Alabama.
- Posting Apr 23 2000 to ISBELL-L by Ray Isbell ().
- "History of Henshaws in Scotland, in England and in America to the Present
Time", Edith Henshaw Kuntz, 1956;
contributed by Don Henshaw.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- LDS IGI, citing: Kirchenbuch, 1648-1915 Evangelische Kirche Rehme.
- Posting Apr 27 2000 to ISBELL-L by Ray Isbell ().
- 1860 census, Burnt Corn P.O., Monroe County, Alabama; roll M653-18, page 880, line #30, dwelling #879, family #779.
- Ball, Rev. T. H.: "A Glance into the Great South-East, on, Clarke County, Alabama, and its Surroundings, from 1540 to 1877". Grove Hill, Alabama, 1882; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. House of Representative Private Claims, Vol. 2; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:20 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]