1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... John Hinshaw (1828-1902) m Sarah Ann Drake (1837-1872)
10.......... Thomas Elsworth Hinshaw (1865-1940)
+Maude M. Smith (1877-1916)
+Lura Lee Mohler (1873-1949)
Thomas Elsworth Hinshaw [ID 00455]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Feb 20 1865, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Thomas was a farmer.1 He also was a professional photographer3,6 and school teacher in Anchor, Illinois.3
He married Maude M. Smith, Oct 5 1901, Woodford County, Illinois.1,2,10 Maude was born Feb 14 1877, Woodford County, Illinois.1,3,7,11 Maude was the sister of Estella Smith who married Thomas's brother Ira.3
Thomas and Maude were shown in the 1910 census (May 2 1910), Missouri Ave., Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico:7
Hinshaw, Thomas E., head-of-household, age 45, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Illinois; first marriage, married 8 years; occupation: photographer, portrait; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Maud M., wife, age 33, born in Illinois; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Illinois; first marriage, married 8 years; no children.
Smith, Ma[..unclear..] E., brother-in-law, age 19, born in Illinois; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Illinois; single; attended school.
Smith, Edgar D., brother-in-law, age 17, born in Illinois; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Illinois; single; attended school.
Maude died Feb 5 1916, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; age 38y 11m 19d.3,11,12
Widower Thomas was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 30 1920), living in the household of sister Fannie, east of Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico:8
Hinshaw, Thomas E., brother-in-law, age 54, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Illinois; widower; occupation: none.
He then married Lura Lee Mohler.9,13 Lura, daughter of Thomas Ingram Mohler & Judith Stanley Lawrence, was born Jan 25 1873, Illinois.9,14,15,16,17
After Thomas remarried he lived in Artesia, New Mexico.3
Thomas and Lura were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico:9
Hinshaw, Thos E, head-of-household, age 45, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in United States; first married at age 28; owned home ($3600 value); no radio in home; occupation: agent, real estate; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Lura L., wife, age 57, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 22; occupation: doctor, osteopathic.
Thomas Elsworth Hinshaw died 1940, buried Woodbine Cemetery, 210 E. Hermosa Drive, Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico.10
Lura died Oct 16 1949, Los Angeles County, California.16,17
Photo: Thomas Elsworth Hinshaw gravestone Woodbine Cemetery
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- Family group sheets and newspaper clippings contributed by Bill Hewitt ().
- 1870 census, Polosi P.O., Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 316, line #6, dwelling #131, family #131.
- 1880 census, Cropsey Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0231, ED 187, page 657C, line #7, dwelling #21, family #21.
- 1900 census, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 75, page 26A, line #86, dwelling #192, family #193.
- 1910 census, Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico Territory; roll T624-914, ED 76, page 13B, line #84, dwelling #282, family #300.
- 1920 census, east of Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico; roll T625-1076, ED 66, page 13B-14A, line #99, dwelling #301, family #313.
- 1930 census, Artesia, Eddy County, New Mexico; roll T626-1395, ED 9, page 3A, line #25, dwelling #54, family #62.
- Contribution from Bill Hewitt () citing: gravestone.
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
- Contribution from Teresa L. Church () citing:
Unpublished "family book of Damerons".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Cruz Family Tree" posted by "frankcruz1017".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Herring" posted by "KathryneBogue51".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]