1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651) 4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728) 5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747) 6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774) 7....... Joseph Henshaw (1727-1794) +Sarah Henshaw (1736-1822)
|Joseph Henshaw     [ID 04559]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Dec 20 1727, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.4,a,154,b,156
He married Sarah Henshaw, May 25 1758, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.c,154,173,d,e    (Apr 5 1758).e    Sarah Henshaw, daughter of Joshua Henshaw & Elizabeth Bill, was born Jan 16 1736, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.4,b
Joseph built a house in Leicester, Massachusetts, using bricks he brought back from France as balast.    His wife Sarah didn't care for the area so they moved to Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.    Their house was still standing as of the 1960s.c
Joseph Henshaw died Mar 17 1794, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts; aged 66 years.4,c,156,154
Sarah Henshaw died Jan 4 1822, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts; aged 86 years.4
4. The "New England Historical and Genealogical Register", vol 22, 1868, The New England Historical and Genealogical Society. This issue includes a complete copy of the recorded pedigree of Joshua Henshaw.
154. "History of the Henshaw Family", a handwritten manuscript identified as a copy of a letter written August 16, 1829 by Daniel Henshaw of Boston (probably #4588 to Joshua Henshaw Hayward of Boston (probably a son or grandson of Sarah Henshaw Hayward); part of the manuscript collection titled "Henshaw family Papers, 1757-1892" archived at the American Antiquarian Society, Manuscripts Department, 185 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609-1634.
156. Manuscripts relating to William Henshaw, archived at the American Antiquarian Society, Worcester, MA, including a handwritten family lineage.
173. Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown; Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
(a) Contribution from Tom Henshaw
citing: Boston birth records.
(b) "Boston Births from A.D. 1700 to A.D. 1800", Boston Registry Dept.,
Rockwell & Churchill, 1894, Boston, MA (www.ancestry.com).
(c) Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
(d) Halbert's "The New World Book of Henshaws" (for what it's worth).
(e) Boston, Massachusetts Marriages, 1700-1809; Ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]