1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651)
4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728)
5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747)
6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) m Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774)
7....... William Henshaw (1735-1820) m Phebe Swan (1753-1808)
8........ Daniel Henshaw (1782-1863) m Deborah Brown Starkweather (c1796-?)
9......... Daniel Horatio Henshaw (1827-?)
+Sophronia E. Lyon (1822-1857)
+Annie Jewett Neal
Daniel Horatio Henshaw [ID 04602]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 25 1827, Winchendon, Massachusetts.2,3,4,5,6
He married Sophronia E. Lyon4,7 [Sophronia E. Hill4], Apr 5 18534,7, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts4,7. Sophronia, daughter of John Hill, was born Jul 11 1822, Middleton Corners, Stafford County, New Hampshire.4,8
Sophronia had been previously married to Augustus Lyon, Feb 4 1843, Boston, Massachusetts,4 who had died Jun 22 1844, Boston, Massachusetts.4
One child,7 which was probably Walter A. Lyon,9 presumably Sophronia's son from her first marriage.9
Daniel and Sophronia were shown in the 1855 Massachusetts state census, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts:10
Daniel H Henshaw, age 28, born in Massachusetts; printer.
Sophronia E Henshaw, age 33, born in New Hampshire.
Walter A Lyon, age 12, born in Massachusetts.
Charles H Hill, age 29, born in New Hampshire.
George W Hill, age 28, born in New Hampshire.
Mary F A Hill, age 24, born in New Hampshire.
Lizzie Cullinton, age 16, born in England.
Sophronia died Nov 5 1857, Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts; age 35y 3m 25d.4,8,11 Medical: Sophronia died from consumption.11
He then married Annie Jewett Neal.1
Daniel was shown in the 1860 census, Lisbon Township, Waukesha County, Wisconsin:6
James W. Wo[..unclear]ff, age 41, born in New York; farmer; $2750 real estate; $810 personal property.
Almira H. ", age 32, born in Massachusetts.
Hubert ", age 12, born in Wisconsin; attended school.
Florence ", age 11, born in Wisconsin; attended school.
Walter H. ", age 6, born in Wisconsin; attended school.
Daniel H. Henshaw, age 32, born in Massachusetts; physician.
John Cox, age 34, born in Ireland; farm laborer.
During the Civil War, Daniel served in Company B, 1st Wisconsin Infantry (from Lisbon, Waukesha County, Wisconsin).12
On Aug 11 1890 [date unclear], in Wisconsin, Anne J. Henshaw applied for a pension as widow of Daniel H. Henshaw, veteran of Company B, 1st Wisconsin Infantry.13
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- "Vital Records of Winchendon, Massachusetts, To the Year 1849",
Franklin P.F., 1909, Worchester, MA.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1850 census, 9th Ward, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts; roll M432-337, page 271, line #21, dwelling #735, family #1496.
- 1860 census, Lisbon Township, Waukesha County, Wisconsin; page 760, line #6, dwelling #673, family #658.
- Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1855 Massachusetts state census, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts; 5th Ward, dwelling #1656, family #1621.
- Massachusetts, Death Records, 1841-1915; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Waukesha County, Wisconsin Civil War soldiers; USGenWeb Archives:
- National Archives and Records Administration. "General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934":
"Civil War Pension Index". [database] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Dec 10 12:42:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]