Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw
1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1831-1895) m Nancy Jane (Baty) Slingloff (1853-1914)
10.......... Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw (1887-1968)
Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw [ID 00471]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Frank Hinshaw3,4,5, Franklin Hinshaw6].
Born May 16 18872,7 [May 11 18871,3], McLean County, Illinois2,7.
Frank was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1900), living in his widowed mother's household in Bellflower, McLean County, Illinois:6
Hinshaw, Franklin, son, age 13, born May 1887 in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Ohio [sic]; attended school 8 months.
But Frank was again shown (doubly enumerated) in the 1900 census (Jun 11 1900) living in the household of his half sister, Emma (Slinghoff) Foss, in Cheney's Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois:8
Foss, Henry, head-of-household, age 34, born Apr 1866 in Illinois; parents born in Germany; married 6 years; immigrated 1884, naturalized; farmer; rented farm.
Foss, Emma, wife, age 26, born Apr 1874 in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; married 6 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Foss, Albert, son, age 6, born Feb 1894 in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
Hinshaw, Frank, brother-in-law, age 13, born May 1877 [sic] in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; farm laborer.
Emma (Slinghoff) Foss/Voss9 was the daughter of Frank's mother, Nancy Jane (Baty) Slingloff Hinshaw from her first marriage (Frank's half sister).10
Frank was again shown in the 1910 census (Apr 15 1910), living in his widowed mother's household in Bellflower, McLean County, Illinois:11
Hinshaw, Benjamin F., son, age 22, born in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Illinois; occupation: laborer, odd jobs.
The enumerator of this 1910 census was recorded as Benjamin F. Hinshaw.
Frank served in the military during World War I.12
Frank lived in Bellflower, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,7
Frank was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 22 1920) living in the household of his brother Nathan:13
Hinshaw, Benjamin F., brother, age 32, born in Illinois; father born in Pennsylvania [sic]; mother born in Illinois; single; occupation: laborer.
Frank was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930) still living in the household of his brother Nathan:12
Hinshaw, Benjamin F, brother, age 42, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Nebraska [sic]; single; occupation: laborer, gas station; World War I veteran.
Frank was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 29 1940) still living in the household of his brother Nathan:5
Hinshaw, Frank, brother, age 52, born in Illinois; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; single; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw died Feb 9 1968.2,3,4 Unmarried.3,4,7
Social Security information for Benjamin Franklin Hinshaw: 329-22-6458
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Family group sheets and newspaper clippings contributed by Bill Hewitt ().
- Biographical sketch of Nathan Hinshaw.
- 1940 census, Bellflower, McLean County, Illinois; roll T627-841, ED 57-6, page 4B, line #74, household #98.
- 1900 census, Bellflower, Bellflower Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 77, page 56B, line #65, dwelling #215, family #227.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1900 census, Cheney's Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 95, page 343B, line #97, dwelling #171, family #171.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book K, page 53):
- 1880 LDS census index, Arrowsmith Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0231, page 566D.
- 1910 census, Bellflower, Bellflower Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 77, page 42A, line #1, dwelling #1, family #1.
- 1930 census, Bellflower, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-535, ED 6, page 3B, line #92, dwelling #84, family #87.
- 1920 census, Bellflower, McLean County, Illinois; roll T625-386, ED 87, page 1A, line #1, dwelling #1, family #1.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]