1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Gilbert Manuel Henshaw (c1800-1861)
+Abigail Matilda - (c1811-1844)
4.... Mariah Henshaw (c1822-?) 1
4.... (child) Henshaw (?-1851) 2
4.... Eliza C. Henshaw (1823-1858) 3
4.... Caroline C. Henshaw (c1824-1851) 4,5
4.... Calvin Lafayette Henshaw (1825-1857) 1,4,5
4.... Fanny Fidelia Henshaw (1826-1844) 6
4.... Seth Henshaw (1831-1841) 7
4.... Minerva Henshaw (c1835-?) 1,8
4.... Juliette Henshaw (c1837-?) 1
4.... Angeline Henshaw (c1840-?) 9
4.... Sylphiah Henshaw (c1842-?) 1
Gilbert Manuel Henshaw [ID 04843]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Gilbert Manuel Henshaw4 [Manuel Henshaw1,4,5,10].
Born about 1800, New York.1,8,10
He married Abigail Matilda -10 [Matilda -4]. Abigail was born about 1811.10
Abigail died Mar 18 1844, Hamburg, Erie County, New York; age 33.10,11
Manuel and family were shown in the 1850 census (Jul 31 1850), Hamburg, Erie County, New York:1
Manuel Henshaw, age 50, born in New York; farmer; $3000 real estate.
Mary Briggs, age 8, born in New York; attended school.
Manuel and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 7 1860), Hamburg, Erie County, New York:8
Manuel Hanshaw, age 60, born in New York; farmer; $1470 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Maria Hanshaw, age 58, born in New York.
, age 23, born in New York; teacher in Ingham [unclear] university.
William Sink, age 14, born in Germany;
Rebecca Sink, age 17, born in Württemberg; servant.
Gilbert Manuel Henshaw died Apr 9 1861, age 61.10
Photo: Gilbert Manuel Henshaw gravestone Hillcrest Cemetery
Photo: Abigail Matilda Henshaw gravestone Hillcrest Cemetery
- 1850 census, Hamburg, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 28, line #31, dwelling #430, family #430.
- Gravestone of (child) Henshaw.
- "Nelson's biographical dictionary and historical reference book of Erie County, Pennsylvania"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- "Early Settlers of New York State", Volume I, December 1937, Obituary Records; page 625.
- Gravestone of Fanny Fidelia Henshaw.
- Gravestone of Seth Henshaw.
- 1860 census, Hamburg P.O., Hamburg, Erie County, New York; roll M653-751, page 456, line #24, dwelling #583, family #576.
- Speculation: she was shown with sister Caroline in 1850 census.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing:
"Early Settlers of Erie County, New York".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]