1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. James Steuben Henshaw (1778-1872) m Amy Gale (1784-1868)
3... Isaac Henshaw (1809-1878) m Eunice Scott (1809-1875)
4.... Orlando Henshaw (1835-1865)
+Nancy W. Ely (1843-?)
Orlando Henshaw [ID 04856]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born May 16 1835, Aurora, Erie County, New York.1,2,3,4,5,6
He married Nancy W. Ely, Feb 26 1860, Whiteside County, Illinois.1,7 Nancy was born Mar - 1843, New York.5,8,9,10
Orlando and Nancy were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 26 1860), living with his parents in Aurora, Erie County, New York:5
Orlando Henshaw, age 25, born in New York; carpenter.
Nancy Henshaw, age 17, born in New York.
Orlando was a Civil War Veteran. He enlisted as a Private at Aurora, New York;6 served in the artillary, Company R, 67th New York N.G.;2,3,6 mustered out Jun 25 1863.6 The 67th New York N.G. was sent to the defense of Pennsylvania and was stationed at Harrisburgh at the time of Robert E. Lee's invasion of Pennsylvania.6
Orlando Henshaw died Dec 3 1865, buried Section 6, Lot 118, Griffins Mills Cemetery, Aurora, Erie County, New York.1,2,3 (Section 1, Lot 118).11
Widow Nancy was shown in the 1870 census (Jul 2 1870), apparently living with her parents in Whiteside County, Illinois:8
Ely, David, age 60, born in New York; farmer; $2000 real estate; $1200 personal property.
Ely, Elvira, age 53, born in New York; keeping house.
Henshaw, Nancy, age 27, born in New York; house keeper.
Nancy remarried to a Charles L. Rawson, Feb 8 1871, Whiteside County, Illinois.7
Nancy and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 9 1880), Montmorency, Whiteside County, Illinois:9
Rawson, Charles, age 39, born in New York; parents born in New York; farmer.
Rawson, Nancy, wife, age 37, born in New York; parents born in New York; keeping house.
Rawson, George C., son, age 15, born in Illinois; parents born in New York; farm hand; attended school.
Rawson, Grace L., daughter, age 3, born in Illinois; parents born in New York.
Nancy and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 14 1900), 205 Dixon Avenue, Rock Falls, Whiteside County, Illinois:10
Rawson, Charles L., head-of-household, age 59, born July 1840 in New York; parents born in New York; married 29 years; occupation: merchant, grocery; rented home.
Rawson, Nancy W., wife, age 57, born Mar 1843 in New York; parents born in New York; married 29 years; 3 children, 2 living.
Rawson, Grace L., daughter, age 23, born June 1876 in Illinois; parents born in New York.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Erie County, New York cemeteries; New York GenWeb:
- Contribution from Bonnie Endries () citing:
gravestone, Griffins Mills Cemetery.
- 1850 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 104B, line #30, dwelling #1620, family #1636.
- 1860 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M653-752, page 498, line #12, dwelling #926, family #915.
- New York, Town Clerks' Registers of Men Who Served in the Civil War, ca 1861-1865; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900:
- 1870 census, Sterling P.O., Hume Township, Whiteside County, Illinois; roll M593-290, page 142, line #30, dwelling #6, family #5.
- 1880 census, Montmorency, Whiteside County, Illinois; roll T9-258, ED 204, page 161A, line #10, dwelling #36, family #36.
- 1900 census, Rock Falls, Coloma Township, Whiteside County, Illinois; roll T623-352, ED 141, page 17B, line #73, dwelling #394, family #411.
- Contribution from LeRoy Miller ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]