1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?) m Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... Harry Henshaw m Julia Ann Risley (1821-1900)
5..... Edward P. Henshaw (c1848-1864)
Edward P. Henshaw [ID 05167]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1848, Ohio.1,2
Edward was shown in the 1850 census, Athens County, Ohio, living in the household of an unidentified James Risley3 (probably an uncle,4 as Risley was Edward's mother's maiden name):
James Risley, age 35, born in Ohio; farmer.
Hannah Risley, age 25, born in Pennsylvania.
Julia A. Risley, age 1, born in Ohio.
Edward Henshaw, age 2.
Living two houses away was Edward's mother, Julia Risley Henshaw, living in the household of a Samuel Laughlin.5
Edward was shown in the 1860 census (Jul 27 1860), living in the household of his stepfather Andrew C. Cagg and mother Julia Risley Henshaw Cagg in Athens County, Ohio:6
Edward P. Henshaw, age 12, born in Ohio; attended school.
During the Civil War Edward served in Company K, 116th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.7,8 He was captured Jun 10 1864 at Staunton, Virginia and was sent to Andersonville Prison.8 Edward P. Henshaw died Oct 10 18647,9 [Jun 5 186410], Andersonville POW Camp, Andersonville, Georgia7,9; buried Andersonville, Georgia7,9.
The following article was published in the "Athens Messenger and Herald (Athens, Ohio)" on Thursday, June 23, 1864:10
List of casualties in the 116th Regiment Ohio Volunteers, in the battle of Piedmont, Va., on the 5th of June 1864.
... Company K, Capt. John Hull. -- Edward Henshaw, mortally; ...
- 1850 census, Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 26, line #8, dwelling #337, family #349.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing:
1860 census, Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 29.
- 1850 census, Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 26A, line #8, dwelling #337, family #349.
- 1850 census, Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 25B, line #37, dwelling #335, family #347.
- 1860 census, Marshfield P.O., Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 29B, line #12, dwelling #26, family #26.
- Posting Mar 9 2003 by Diana Hart () to OHMEIGS-L, citing:
"116th OVI in the War of the Rebellion", by Thomas F. Wildes; chapter 17.
- U.S. National Park Service - "Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System":
- Contribution from Debbie Hodge ().
- Athens Messenger and Herald (Athens, Ohio), Jun 23 1864; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 10:08:49 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]