1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?) 2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806) 3... Hiram Henshaw (1771-1845) m Mary McConnell (1777-1842) 4.... Samuel Preston Henshaw (1813-1884) m Julia Ann Margaret Hunsicker (1813-1903) 5..... Marion Lee Henshaw (1845-1929) m Emily Polk Payne (1845-1936) 6...... Holmes Hart Henshaw (1870-1959) m Mattie Permelia Dougherty (1870-1897) 7....... Russell Holmes Henshaw (1897-1971) +Vivienne May Watson (1902-1997) 8........ Roger Lee Henshaw (1924-) 8........ Donald Craig Henshaw (1926-)
|Russell Holmes Henshaw     [ID 05268]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Feb 25 1897, 7:00 AM, at College St. and N. Broadway, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.165,166,a,b,c,d,e
When Russell was two days old, the house caught on fire, even partly burning Russell's bed, but he was rescued before being injured.    It is said that it was the shock of this event that caused the death of Russell's mother a few months later on Jun 8 1897.165,166
After the death of his mother, Russell's father Holmes took him to live with his grandparents, Marion and Emily Henshaw of Goddard, Kansas.    Russell's grandparents raised and educated him in Kansas.165
During World War I, Russell enlisted in the army on Jun 1 1917.    He was sent to France.166,e
Russell was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 14 1920), living alone at 236 South Flower (in what seems to have been a large apartment building or similar), Los Angeles, California:d
In the early 1920s, Russell and family lived on an egg ranch on Rosecrans Blvd. in Hawthorne, California (near a small private airport called Mines Field, which is today Los Angeles International Airport).    Russell was employed in the nearby oil fields and did shift work.171
Russell and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 1930), 825 E. Manson [unclear] Drive, Inglewood, Los Angeles County, California:e
In 1936 the family moved to Hollywood and spent two years living there.171
In the summer of 1941 the family moved to Needle, California, when Russell was promoted to Chief Clerk to the Superintendent of the Santa Fe Railroad.171
Russell Holmes Henshaw died Mar 5 1971, Fresno, California; buried Belmont Memorial Park, Fresno, California.166,a    (Mar 4 1971).209
Vivienne died Jul 10 1997, Shafter, Kern County, California; age 95 years; cremated and buried in Westside Cemetery, Taft, California.166,a
Social Security information for Russell Holmes Henshaw: 709-18-0303
Social Security information for Vivienne May Watson: 548-24-6495
165. "History of Henshaws in Scotland, in England and in America to the Present Time", Edith Henshaw Kuntz, 1956; contributed by Don Henshaw.
166. Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930; updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
171. "Life History of Donald Craig Henshaw", by Donald Craig Henshaw.
209. "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from the Social Security Administration "Death Master File". See: http://www.rootsweb.com/~rwguide/lesson10.htm
(a) RootsWeb California Death Index:
(b) 1900 census, Attica Township, Sedgwick County, Kansas; roll T623-499, ED 253, page 4B, line #95, dwelling #88, family #89.
(c) 1910 census, 6th Township, Fresno County, California; roll T624-76, ED 59, page 152B, line #68, dwelling #154, family #154.
(d) 1920 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-108, ED 205, page 14A, line #29, dwelling #72, family #528.
(e) 1930 census, Inglewood, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-128, ED 1005, page 9A, line #10, dwelling #250, family #250.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]