1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Jonathan Seman Henshaw (1773-?) m Elizabeth Stafford
4.... George Henshaw (1795-1882) m Sarah "Sally" Pool (1806-1855)
5..... John Ezekiel Henshaw (1824-1890) m Dorothy Ann Delaney (c1830-1854)
6...... William Parks Henshaw (1853-?)
7....... Ruth Henshaw (1879-?) 1
7....... Lucretia Henshaw (1882-?) 2
William Parks Henshaw [ID 05361]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born May 27 1853, Kentucky.3,4,5
He married ---. (first wife's name currently unknown).
William and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), Union County, Kentucky:1
Henshaw, William, age 27, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; farmer; widower.
, daughter, age 2, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky.
, brother, age 23, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; works on farm.
, sister-in-law, age 18, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; keeping house.
Burshears, James, boarder, age 24; laborer.
Gizer, Fred, boarder, age 27; laborer.
Smith, Patrick H., boarder, age 36; laborer.
Stringfield, Martin, boarder, age 16; laborer; cannot write.
Hill, Henry, boarder, age 30; laborer; black; cannot read or write.
Grundy, Handy, boarder, age 19; laborer; black; cannot read or write.
He then married Belle Morris3,6 [Ruehamia E. Morris2].
In 1880 their was a Morris family living next door to widower William Henshaw,7 and the family had a 19 year old daughter identified as Nannie7 - she might be the same as this Belle Morris he married sometime between 1880 and 1882.
William was a merchant in Blackburn, Kentucky.3,6
See also: William P. Henshaw #5881.
- 1880 census, Shiloh District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-0444, ED 39, page 674A, line #16, dwelling #32, family #32.
- Orange County, Indiana, Index to Birth Records 1882-1920; Indiana Works Projects Administration 1939; book H-1 pg 4.
- Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930;
updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
- 1860 census, Union County, Kentucky; roll M653-398, page 66, line #7, dwelling #516, family #516.
- 1870 census, Raleigh P.O., Raleigh Precinct, Union County, Kentucky; roll M593-501, page 360, line #4, dwelling #108, family #108.
- Contribution from Patricia M. Gibson () citing:
"The History Of Union County", by Charles O'Malley, published 1886.
- 1880 census, Shiloh District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-0444, ED 39, page 674A, line #11, dwelling #31, family #31.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]