1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Mary Hinshaw (?-1822)
7....... George Hinshaw (1775-1862) m Susannah Johnson (1790-1876)
8........ Jehu Hinshaw (1819-1903) m Cynthia Ann Elizabeth Beeler (1821-1858)
9......... Adolphus D. Hinshaw (1840-1911) m Louisa Jane Brown (1840-1870)
10.......... Elzada Hinshaw (1865-?)
+Aquilla N. Starkey (c1860-?)
Elzada Hinshaw [ID 00554]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Elzada Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5,6 [Sadie Hinshaw4,7].
Born Jan 31 1865, Woodford County, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5,6,8
She married Aquilla N. Starkey8,9 [Norris J. Starkey1,3,4], Feb 13 18878,9, McLean County, Illinois8,9. Aquilla was born about 1860, Indiana.8
Bertha Starkey, born 1887; married Joe Gildersleve.
John Fred Starkey, born 1898; married Mary Etta Delawder.
Cecil P. Starkey, born c1900; married Ethel Ambrose Whalen; (children: William N., and Margerie M. Starkey).
Sadie and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois:8
Starkey, Cecil P., head-of-household, age 30, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 23; owned home ($5,000 value); no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a veteran.
Starkey, Ethel L., wife, age 28, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Kentucky; first married at age 21.
Starkey, William N., son, age 5, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
Starkey, Margerie M., daughter, age 4 years 4 months, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
Starkey, Aqualla N., father, age 70, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 28; occupation: none.
Starkey, Elzada, mother, age 65, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 23.
Living next door in 1930 was the family of nephew Guy Hinshaw.10
In 1935 Sadie was still living in Hudson, Illinois.7
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- "The Hudson Colony", by Ruth Bitting Hamm, "A Project of the Hudson
Bicentennial Commission, Hudson, Illinois 61748" (1972?).
- Family lineage contributed by Peggy Joan (Peak) Hinshaw
- 1870 census, Hudson P.O., Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 450, line #17, dwelling #35, family #35.
- 1880 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0230, ED 168, page 363A, line #1, dwelling #1, family #1.
- Obituary of Elmer Hinshaw.
- 1930 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-536, ED 45, page 2A, line #22, dwelling #28, family #28.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book J, page 71):
- 1930 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-536, ED 45, page 2A, line #28, dwelling #29, family #29.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]