1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Mary Hinshaw (?-1822) 7....... George Hinshaw (1775-1862) m Susannah Johnson (1790-1876) 8........ Jehu Hinshaw (1819-1903) m Cynthia Ann Elizabeth Beeler (1821-1858) 9......... Adolphus D. Hinshaw (1840-1911) m Louisa Jane Brown (1840-1870) 10.......... Elmer Hinshaw (1863-1935) m Nettie F. Reid (1865-1943) 11........... Clarence Lewis Hinshaw (1886-1975) +Lida Mae Russell (1882-1916) 12............ Cleo Marie Hinshaw (1909-2000) 12............ Leota Fern Hinshaw (1913-1985) 12............ Russell Glenn Hinshaw (1915-1990) 12............ Virgil Elmer Hinshaw (1916-1957) +Otilla Beck (1883-1959) +Edith Johnson (?-1967)
|Clarence Lewis Hinshaw     [ID 00557]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Clarence Lewis Hinshaw)a    (Clarence Louis Hinshaw)b
Born Aug 3 1886, Pana, Christian County, Illinois.1,92,102,c,d    (Nebraska).e    (Aug 3 1885).a,b,209
Clarence was a farmer in the Hudson-Carlock area of McLean County, Illinois.102,f
He married Lida Mae Russell, Jan 6 1909.1,92    (Lydia Russell)89    Lida was born Aug 19 1882, Illinois.1,89,92,d,c
Clarence and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 16 1910), Kansas Township, Woodford County, Illinois:c
After Lida died, son Virgil was placed (at least for a time) in the care of Clarence's sister Myrtlee (and perhaps others of the children were sent to live elsewhere also).h
On Sep 12  Clarence Lewis Hinshaw, age 33, registered for the World War I draft in Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois.    He declared he was born Aug 3 1885, and was then living in Carlock, McLean County, Illinois, occupied as a farmer.    He declared his nearest relative was Nettie Hinshaw.    He was recorded as medium build, brown eyes, brown hair.a
Widower Clarence and children were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8-9 1920), Kansas Township, Woodford County, Illinois (census page very faded):i
On Apr 27 1942 Clarence Louis Hinshaw, age 57, registered for the World War II draft at 116 S. Main St., Bloomington, Illinois.    He declared he was born Aug 3 1885 in Pana, Illinois, and was then residing in Carlock, Illinois, a self-employed farmer.    He declared his relative/contact was his wife, Tillie Hinshaw of Carlock.    He was recorded as 5'6" tall, 200 lbs., blue eyes, gray hair, ruddy complexion.b
Otilla died Mar 31 1959, buried Hudson Cemetery, Franklin Street, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois.92,d
He then married Edith Johnson, Jan 17 1962.92
Edith died Mar 7 1967.92
Clarence Lewis Hinshaw died Sep 11 1975, buried Hudson Cemetery, Franklin Street, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois.89,92,102,209,d
Photo: Clarence Lewis Hinshaw gravestone Hudson Cemetery d
Social Security information for Clarence Lewis Hinshaw: 341-32-0871
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
89. "McLean County, Illinois, Cemetery Records", F547 M16 D15 in the Sutro Genealogy Library in San Francisco.
92. "The Hudson Colony", by Ruth Bitting Hamm, "A Project of the Hudson Bicentennial Commission, Hudson, Illinois 61748" (1972?).
102. Family Group sheets gathered at the 1992 Hinshaw reunion, submitted by attendees.
209. "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from the Social Security Administration "Death Master File". See: http://www.rootsweb.com/~rwguide/lesson10.htm
(a) World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
(b) U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
(c) 1910 census, Kansas Township, Woodford County, Illinois; ED 130, sheet 15A, line #5, family #70.
(e) 1920 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T625-387, ED 136, page 7B, line #66, dwelling #62, family #62.
(f) Obituary of Elmer Hinshaw.
(g) State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
(i) 1920 census, Kansas Township, Woodford County, Illinois; roll T625-419, ED 159, page 1A, line #28, dwelling #7, family #7.
(j) 1930 census, Kansas Township, Woodford County, Illinois; roll T626-573, ED 10, page 3A, line #12, dwelling #64, family #64.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]