1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806) 7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1749-1779) +Deborah Marshill (1757-1814) 8........ William Hinshaw (1775-1783) 8........ Abigail Hinshaw (1777-1783) 8........ Hannah Hinshaw (1779-?)
|Benjamin Hinshaw [ID 00056]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 10-2-1749, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.1,2,3,10,28,29,30,93,105,212,217
At Cane Creek MM, on 6-1-1771, Benjamin was "disowned" for reasons unknown. Later records for Benjamin at Cane Creek would seem to indicate that he redeemed himself.2
He married Deborah Marshill, 9-15-1774, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.2,28,44,95,217
Cane Creek MM recorded on 10-1-1774:80
"Friends appointed to attend the marriage of Benjamin Hinshaw and Deborah Marshall report it was orderdly accomplished".Deborah Marshill, daughter of William Marshill & Rebecca Dixon, was born 3-14-1757, Orange County, North Carolina.2,28,93,217
The Hinshaws and Marshills were apparently quite friendly. Benjamin married Deborah, while his first cousin Thomas married Deborah's sister Rebecca; his first cousin Ezra (Thomas's brother) married Deborah's other sister Ruth; (these three Marshill sisters married Hinshaws), and finally, Benjamin's brother Jesse married Deborah's first cousin (once removed) Mary, and his second cousin Joseph married Deborah's first cousin Ruth. All of these Hinshaw-Marshill marriages occured within the sixteen-year timespan of 1774-1790.2
Benjamin Hinshaw died 7-24-1779, buried 7-26-1779, Cane Creek MM, Snow Camp, North Carolina.2,28,93,217
After Benjamin died, and after a suitable period of mourning, Deborah, on 5-18-1786 remarried to Stephen Hobson (his third marriage).2,95
One of Deborah & Stephen Hobson's sons, Isaac Hobson, married Ruth Hinshaw, daughter of Benjamin's nephew John.93
Deborah Marshill died 7-20-1814, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina; buried Rocky River, North Carolina.2,28,93
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Benjamin Hinshaw & Deborah Marshill Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
Photo: Benjamin Hinshaw family birth records Cane Creek MM Records 217
Photo: Benjamin Hinshaw family death records Cane Creek MM Records 217
Photo: Marriage certificate record for remarriage of Deborah Marshill Hinshaw & Stephen Hobson Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
10. Myers, Albert Cook. "Immigration of Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania", Swarthmore, PA: 1902; GR929.3748 M99 in a local library.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
29. "Society of Friends Register Transcripts - Grange Monthly Meeting", microfilm number 0571396 in the LDS Family History Library.
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
80. "All About the Bensons, Hinshaws, and Others" by Imogen Benson Emery, in the LDS Family History Library, microfiche #6017328.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
105. A Search Report commissioned from the Ulster Historical Foundation based upon records in the Public Records Office of Norther Ireland.
212. Grange Monthly Meeting, Births, Marriages, Deaths; Religious Society of Friends in Ireland (Yearly Meeting), Dublin; microfilm number 571396 (items 5-7) in the LDS Family History Library
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer ▾ more...
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]