1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Mary Hinshaw (?-1822) 7....... George Hinshaw (1775-1862) m Susannah Johnson (1790-1876) 8........ Jehu Hinshaw (1819-1903) m Cynthia Ann Elizabeth Beeler (1821-1858) 9......... Adolphus D. Hinshaw (1840-1911) m Louisa Jane Brown (1840-1870) 10.......... Elmer Hinshaw (1863-1935) m Nettie F. Reid (1865-1943) 11........... Adolphus Hinshaw (1890-1962) +Lizzie Simmons (1900-1985) 12............ Harold Wilson Hinshaw (1918-2010) 12............ Violet Louise Henshaw (1920-1933) 12............ Durbin Leonard Hinshaw (1922-1996) 12............ Doss Hinshaw, Jr. (1923-1993) 12............ Louis Riley Hinshaw (c1923-1923) 12............ Shirley Jean Hinshaw (c1926-) 12............ Delores Hinshaw (c1934-) 12............ William Hinshaw (1937-2005)
|Adolphus Hinshaw     [ID 00560]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Adolphus Hinshaw)1,92,134,a    (Doss Hinshaw)134,b,c,d,e    (Dossie Hinshaw)f    (Dallas Hinshaw)g
Born Jan - 1890, Nebraska.b    (Jan 18 1891)1,92,134,h,i (c1893).g    (Jan 18 1893, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois)d (c1890, Illinois).a    (c1892, Illinois).j,e
He married Lizzie Simmons, Jan 20 1917, Chillicothe, Livingston County, Missouri.134,f    (Elizabeth Simmons)134    (Sarah Elizabeth Simmons)h,k,l    Lizzie was born Mar 22 1900, Oquawka, Henderson County, Illinois.j,g,j,e,h,i,k
Doss and Lizzie's marriage was announced in "The Chillicothe Constitution" (Chillicothe, Missouri) on Monday, January 22, 1917:f
Two Courthouse Weddings.
P. S. Abar of Alliance, Neb., and Mrs. M. Bailey of Brookfield were married at the courthouse Saturday evening by Judge S. D. Rohrer.    Dossie Hinshaw and Lizzie Simmons, both of Sampsel, were also married at the courthouse Saturday afternoon by Judge Rohrer.
On Jun 5 1917 Doss Hinshaw, age 24, registered for the World War I draft in Woodford [McLean] County, Illinois.    He declared he was born Jan 18 1893 in Hudson, Illinois, and he was then still residing in Hudson where he was married and a farmer.    He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, black hair.d
The following article was published in "The Chillicothe Daily Constitution" (Chillicothe, Missouri) on Friday, August 10, 1917:m
Mr. and Mrs. Doss Hinshaw arrived here last week to make an extended visit with home folks.
Dossie and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 7-8 1920), Sampsel Township, Livingston County, Missouri:g
Doss and family were shown in the 1940 census (May 9 1940), Oquawka, Henderson County, Illinois:e
Oquawka, Ill., (AP) -- Jack Arthur Richmond, 8, of Oquawka, was killed instantly Monday when struck by an auto.    The boy was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Seth Richmond.    Richmond is a cashier at the Oquawka bank.    Witnesses reported the boy ran from behind a parked car into the path of an auto driven by Doss Hinshaw, Sr., Oquawka.
Adolphus Hinshaw died Nov 7 1962, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa; buried Plot 42, Delabar Addition, Oquawka Cemetery, Oquawka, Henderson County, Illinois.134,o,i,h
Doss's obituary was published in The "Chillicothe Constitution Tribune" (Chillicothe, Missouri) on Thursday, November 8, 1962:o
Heart Attack Fatal to Doss Hinshaw, 71
Once Farmer Here, He Was Brother of Mrs. Williams
Doss Hinshaw, 71, Oquawaka, Ill., died at 1:15 p.m. yesterday in a hospital in Burlington, Ia., following a heart attack.    He suffered his second heart seizure on Saturday.
He was a farmer in the Chillicothe vicinity, near Utica, for a number of years.    In Illinois he operated a Christmas tree farm.
He is survived by three brothers, Arthur (Dick) Hinshaw, Kansas City; Milt Hinshaw, Gary, Ind., and Clarence Hinshaw, Bloomington, Ill., and four sisters, Mrs. Helen Malone, Omaha; Mrs. Irene Dappen, Dawson, Neb.; Mrs. Myrtle Sutton, Bloomington, and Mrs. John (Chuck) Williams, Chillicothe.
Funeral services will be held Friday at 2 o'clock at Oquawaka.    Burial also will be there.    Mr. and Mrs. Williams will leave tomorrow.
Lizzie died Apr - 1985, buried Plot 42, Delabar Addition, Oquawka Cemetery, Oquawka, Henderson County, Illinois.209,i,h
Photo: Doss Hinshaw World War I draft registration card d
Social Security information for Lizzie Simmons: 346-18-5305
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
92. "The Hudson Colony", by Ruth Bitting Hamm, "A Project of the Hudson Bicentennial Commission, Hudson, Illinois 61748" (1972?).
134. Family lineage contributed by Peggy Joan (Peak) Hinshaw
209. "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from the Social Security Administration "Death Master File". See: http://www.rootsweb.com/~rwguide/lesson10.htm
(a) 1910 census, Sampsel Township, Livingston County, Missouri; roll T624-796, ED 112, page 211A, line #3, dwelling #172, family #172.
(b) 1900 census, Kansas Township, Woodford County, Illinois; page 80A (Sheet 14A), line #8, dwelling #270, family #273.
(c) Obituary of Elmer Hinshaw.
(d) World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
(e) 1940 census, Oquawka, Henderson County, Illinois; roll T627-811, ED 36-15, page 3A, line #8, household #49.
(f) "The Chillicothe Constitution", Jan 22 1917; http://www.ancestry.com.
(g) 1920 census, Sampsel Township, Livingston County, Missouri; roll T625-919, ED 113, page 3A, line #28, dwelling #57, family #60.
(h) Contribution from Jacque (Henshaw) Worden.
(j) 1930 census, Oquawka, Henderson County, Illinois; roll T626-518, ED 15, page 8A, line #23, dwelling #238, family #239.
(k) Death record of Violet Louise Hinshaw.
(l) Obituary of Billy A. Hinshaw.
(m) "The Chillicothe Daily Constitution" Aug 10 1917; http://www.ancestry.com.
(n) "Edwardsville Intelligencer", Jul 10 1951; http://www.ancestry.com.
(o) The "Chillicothe Constitution Tribune" (Chillicothe, Missouri), Nov 8 1962; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]