1. Nathan Hinshaw (c1824-1864) m Sarah Burks (c1830-1898)
2.. William Nathan Hinshaw (1863-1907) m Emma Jane Young (1869-1949)
3... Floyd Keithly Hinshaw (1894-1989)
+Eliza Carroll (1901-1973)
Floyd Keithly Hinshaw [ID 05620]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Mar 1 1894, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee.1,2,3,4,5,6
Floyd served in World War I, age 245,6 On Jun 5 1917 Floyd Keithly Hinshaw, age 23, registered for the World War I draft in Franklin County, Tennessee. He declared he was born March 1, 1894 in Winchester, Tennessee, and that he was then still residing in Winchester, Tennessee where he was single and employed in farming by a J.B. Engel of South Holland, Illinois. He claimed a draft exemption due to plurisy. He was recorded as tall, slender, brown eyes, brown hair.3
He married Eliza Carroll, about 1922.4,5 Eliza was born Jun 23 1901, Tennessee.1,4,5
For many years Floyd and his brother Herman were the only barbers in town in Winchester, Tennessee.7
Floyd and Eliza were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 13 1930), Porter Street, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee:5
Henshaw, Floyd K., head-of-household, age 35, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 27; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: barber, barber shop; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Eliza, wife, age 28, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 21.
Living with Floyd & Eliza in 1930 was the family of brother Herman.8
Eliza died May 11 1973, Franklin County, Tennessee; age 71.1,4,9
In 1989 Floyd was living in/near Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee.1
Floyd Keithly Hinshaw died Apr 12 1989, Humphreys County, Tennessee; age 95.1,9
Social Security information for Floyd Keithly Hinshaw: 410-01-7306
Social Security information for Eliza Carroll: 411-22-7097
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, 11th District, Franklin County, Tennessee; page 233A (sheet 4A), line #11, dwelling #60, family #60.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Franklin County, Tennessee, cemeteries, F443 F7C46 1986 in the
Tennessee State Library and Archives. Contributed by Robert Worley.
- 1930 census, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T626-2246, ED 1, page 12B, line #81, dwelling #241, family #281.
- Tennessee World War I Veterans; Tennessee State Library and Archives:
- Contribution from Joel Lynn Hinshaw.
- 1930 census, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T626-2246, ED 1, page 12B, line #83, dwelling #241, family #282.
- Shelby County, Tennessee, Register of Deeds; Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]