1. James Hindshaw
2.. William Hindshaw (c1818-?) m Elizabeth Hudson (1819-?)
3... Henry Havelock Hindshaw (1858-<1940) m Amelia Munns (1865-?)
4.... Grace Hindshaw (1900-1965)
+Frank Weldon Hightower (1896-1992)
Grace Hindshaw [ID 05673]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Grace Hindshaw1 [Grace Hinshaw2, Grace Henshaw3, Amelia G. Hindshaw4, Grace Havelock Hindshaw5,6,7].
Born Jun 15 1900, Baltimore, Maryland.1,4,6,7,8,9
Grace attended the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor (1921).10
She married Frank Weldon Hightower, about 1927.1,2,3,8 Frank, son of Culle Hightower & Mary Belle Murchison, was born Jul 16 1896, Galveston, Galveston County, Texas.3,6,8,11
Charles Henry Hightower, born c1931, Pennsylvania.
Grace and Frank were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 16 1930), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:8
Hightower, Frank W, head-of-household, age 33, born in Texas; father born in Alabama; mother born in Texas; first married at age 30; rented home ($25 rent); no radio in home; occupation: chemical engineer, coal tar co.; not a war veteran.
Hightower, Grace H, wife, age 29, born in Maryland; parents born in England; first married at age 26; occupation: secretary, steel mill.
Grace and Frank were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 12 1940), Teaneck, Bergen County, New Jersey:9
Hightower, Frank W, head-of-household, age 42, born in Texas; completed 5 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in New York City, Manhatten, New York; occupation: engineer, chemicals; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $4500 wages in 1939.
Hightower, Grace, wife, age 40, born in Maryland; completed 5 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Hightower, Henry C, son, age 9, born in Pennsylvania; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; attended school.
[unclear], mother-in-law, age 75, born in England; completed 2 years of college; naturalized; widow; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Alpena, Alpena County, Michigan.
Grace and Frank were shown in the 1955 city directory of Stamford, Connecticut:12
Hightower Frank W (Grace H) chemical eng 194 Richmond Hill av h 1239 High Ridge rd
Grace Hindshaw died Sep 7 1965, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas; cremated at Laurel Land Crematory, Fort Worth, Texas; location of ashes unknown.1,13
Frank died Dec 14 1992, Seattle, King County, Washington; age 96.6,11,14
Social Security information for Frank Weldon Hightower: 088-01-9227
- GEDCOM archives at http://www.kindredkonnections.com.
- Hightower database: http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=hightowr.
- 1910 census, 13th Ward, Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York; roll T624-1057, ED 156, page 11B, line #55, dwelling #213, family #264.
- New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Hutchison/Bettison Family Tree" posted by "celetabettison".
- 1920 census, 6th Ward, Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, Michigan; roll T625-799, ED 139, page 4A, line #29, dwelling #89, family #91.
- 1930 census, 23rd Ward, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania; roll T626-2106, ED 875, page 31A, line #6, dwelling #502, family #637.
- 1940 census, Teaneck, Bergen County, New Jersey; roll T627-2315, ED 2-341, page 5B, line #53, household #95.
- U.S. School Yearbooks; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 (Beta); http://www.ancestry.com.
- Texas Death Index, 1903-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington Death Index, 1940-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]